Talk

Advanced search

Police dog handler sentenced for killing dogs in hot car.

(6 Posts)
DogsBeastFiend Wed 12-Oct-11 19:11:51

I'm sure that many of you recall the case earlier this year where for a second time in his career Ian Craven a Met police dog handler and head trainer killed dogs by locking them in a boiling car.

The verdict is here - three tiny, insignificant, derisory years for two precious lives.

I'd like to say "unbelievable!" but it's far from that, sadly.

Rhinestone Wed 12-Oct-11 22:12:45

Pathetic. I can just about....and I do mean a smidgen of 'just'....see how someone under a massive amount of stress or having MH issues might make a terrible, dreadful mistake and leave a dog in a hot car and forget about them.

But this clown did it TWICE! Clearly not a dog lover but a total fucknut on some kind of alpha male trip and using dogs as the ticket. Twat.

onepieceofcremeegg Wed 12-Oct-11 22:15:48

It's the fact he did it twice that is so utterly unbelievable and sad. It is that bit I cannot get my head round. Most people, having done something like that once, would be obsessively anxious about not doing it again. It says something about his personality that he was able to go on and do it again (imo)

chickchickchicken Wed 12-Oct-11 22:19:11

bastard angry
no excuse whatsoever for this. shows the disposable attitude he had towards his dogs. couldnt even be bothered to take them inside
when you said 3yrs i was hoping prison...........but only banned from keeping dogs for 3 years
poor dogs. what a horrible traumatic way to die

Avantia Thu 13-Oct-11 14:53:14

Utterly stupid sentence - should have had a ban for life -especially as it was his job to know how to care for animals.

The dogs were police property but has he has now resigned from the force they can do very little with him regards discipline .

DogsBeastFiend Thu 13-Oct-11 15:08:54

There was talk of him trying to slash his wrists, though it turned out to be more of a sympathy-inducing bid than anything else.

Shame.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now