Talk

Advanced search

Teething puppy

(9 Posts)

He is being driven mad, bless him. So I've just given him a carrot from the fridge. He is now happily gnawing at the carrot and eating some of it. That's alright, yes? I mean, he won't...choke, or anything?

cedmonds Sun 09-Oct-11 10:43:08

no he wil be fine .
Mine love raw caarrots. Hve you got chews for him?

Yes, but he would rather eat the house at the moment. I don't think the chews are resistant enough, iyswim? He seems to love the carrot. DH not so keen on all the carroty bits scattered about the floor grin He is gnawing everything, including us, so I thought a cold carrot might offer some relief. He's 14 weeks old, so those pesky gnashers must be about due now?

MrsDanverclone Sun 09-Oct-11 11:24:50

Mine loved cold carrots as well when she was teething, picking up the shreds of carrot afterwards isn't as fun. We bought some dog toys with knobbly bits on, that supposedly help with puppy teething.

cedmonds Sun 09-Oct-11 12:49:59

Hi you can buy the sterilized bones which last for ever and are very hard to chew on. If he is chewing the furniture etc you can buy bitter bite spray to stop but also tell him off or he will carry on doing it.When he chews you make a loud pitch nose and take you hand or whatever away. It will be the same as when he was in the nest and if he played to hard etc to another pup/mother.
The Kong's are also very good for teething pups and you can fill them with treats and put them in the freezer it will last them for ages.

Ooh, thanks cedmonds smile Hadn't thought about putting the Kong in the freezer.

Mico62 Sun 09-Oct-11 17:30:38

Ours loves ice cubes and I moisten knotted old flannels and freeze them, they keep her entertained for ages

belindarose Sun 09-Oct-11 18:38:06

Mine is 20 weeks and i keep finding teeth everywhere! Everything he chews is slightly bloodstained too. Ugh.

WitchesBrewIsMyFriend Sun 09-Oct-11 20:56:46

those ragger toys made from err knotted rags are good for teething puppies. But then cold carrots are much cheaper and also good for the dogs health.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now