Talk

Advanced search

Harness for a dachshund shaped dog? Do they exist?

(8 Posts)
shivster1980 Thu 06-Oct-11 20:59:41

I saw dachsund shaped because he he is a X but is more Dax than anything else grin

I would like a harness particularly for the car as we have a dog guard on our boot but don't want him squished by our bigger dog.

Up to recently he had a cheap soft harness from PAH. However he has at 5 months grown out of it.

potbellyqueen Fri 07-Oct-11 16:31:45

You can buy made-to-measure harnesses here. I've ordered a collar & lead from them before and they are good quality and very cute.

lemonbalm Fri 07-Oct-11 16:33:14

There's a hole in my life for a dachshund-shaped dog.

Crosshair Fri 07-Oct-11 17:07:24

I use a soft nylon harness for my mini. I think the middle bit of those linked 'Roman Style Harness's' would get in the way of his sticky out breast bone possibly? obv depending what his chest is like.

shivster1980 Fri 07-Oct-11 20:06:55

Thank you all! smile

He certainly has the sticky outy breastbone shape. The best way to describe him is like a standard size dachshund with slighty longer legs. I think there is a picture on my profile - probably not clear enough for harness sizing though. He is nearly 6 months so a bit of growing yet (although where I don't know as he doesn't appear to have got any taller for months grin )

Crosshair Fri 07-Oct-11 20:24:30

Wow your labradoodle looks exactly like mil's dog and your Dax X looks very cute. smile

Maybe omething like this, looks nice and soft and lots of good reviews:

www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=112&pg_id=1079

shivster1980 Fri 07-Oct-11 20:42:23

Thanks. This is my 2nd Dax x. Jack (the blonde one) is now 15! He was part of a fostered litter we looked after one Christmas for a rescue. Saw young Bobby (the black one) and heart ruled head. Good decisions with all dogs Monty and Bobby are soft as mush and although barmy in their own individual ways they are good boys!

Monty is an 3/4 poodle 1/4 lab. Labradoodle and Mini Poodle parents.

Many thanks for the harness recommendations smile

Crosshair Fri 07-Oct-11 20:51:37

My dog is also called Monty. I actually thought the puppy was an early photo of the poodle/lab on first glance with them both being black. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now