Talk

Advanced search

springer/whippet cross?

(10 Posts)
sununu Thu 06-Oct-11 12:52:54

what do you think he will be like? is that a loopy combination? just made our third Many Tears application for a puppy - we've been just too late twice in a row. I am not sure I can take the emotional strain much longer! it's hard not to obsess about each one in turn. and we haven't actually been homechecked yet.
Elibean, you're just ahead of us, how quickly did all the stages go for you? how was the homecheck? so twitchy here!

tooearlytobeup Thu 06-Oct-11 16:24:49

Hi sununu, I had my puppy recently from MTAR too, (it was 3rd time lucky for us smile ) he is a springer, and not actually that loopy, unless there are other dogs about for him to play with.
For us it was 1 week from seeing him and filling in the forms to bringing him home.

When our application was accepted I was called the same day, and the homecheck was carried out the next. I was told by the homechecker that everything was fine, and they confirmed this the next day when I rang them.

Our pup had an upset tummy, so I had to wait for that to improve before picking him up, otherwise I could have had him within 4 days

I've just been nosey and looked at the site, they are beautiful smile Which other pups did you apply for?

Elibean Thu 06-Oct-11 17:56:55

Hi sununu,

First - sounds adorable! No time to look him up right now, but sounds gorgeous smile

Second - went very fast for us, in terms of approval. I sent application on Friday afternoon, had call Saturday lunchtime from MT, call from foster carer on Saturday early evening. She wanted me homechecked that week and pup collected following weekend - but we couldn't do it, as dh away (need all family to meet dog first) so we had homecheck as planned and are picking him up on Saturday.

Go ahead and send that app! Homecheck was easy, helpful tips, a few standard questions, but we ticked all the boxes...I'll talk you through it if you want, rushing right now but happy to post later/pm you if you like.

Good luck!

sununu Thu 06-Oct-11 20:44:32

thanks you guys! actually everything's gone so fast its rather taken my breath away - spoke to homechecker and fosterer today, then DH revealed he's being sent on assignment for 2 weeks leaving me with 3 ds over 1/2 term so I panicked and put the brakes on - I really hope they don't think I'm flakey or a timewaster but I think we could give pup a more stress-free welcome after that. fosterer said 'he's just a little black dog' (fondly) so he might still be there in a couple of weeks, in which case it was meant to be, otherwise we look again. good luck Elibean!
the other pups have already gone off the site - a little black terrier cross girl and a black collie cross who'd been left in a weighted bread crate to drown sad

tooearlytobeup Thu 06-Oct-11 21:00:02

Aw what awful timing sad

It may be worth asking if they can arrange an 'open' home check for you, without reserving a dog. You would be ready then to try again as soon as he gets back. They keep the applications on file, so when he returns, if pup is still available you would be ready to go smile

If he is not, you can email them when you see another dog you are interested in (they don't need another application) and won't have to worry about being turned down so much ...

Elibean Thu 06-Oct-11 22:30:21

Thats almost exactly what happened to me - dh suddenly reminded me he was away on a course for 4 days, so I had to phone back and apologize grin

Fingers crossed for you, though am sure the right woofer will appear when things are ready for him/her.....

thisisyesterday Thu 06-Oct-11 23:23:46

oh i've been looking at the whippet/springers on there too after seeing this! there are 3 of them being fostered in my hometown and i am desperate for one

sununu Fri 07-Oct-11 08:22:19

yes, it was Ruple we had applied for, one of the three boys in Crawley - aren't they lovely? go on, it would be lovely for one of them to find a nice home (but I'll be jealous!)

thisisyesterday Fri 07-Oct-11 10:24:46

they're beautiful and I am still sat here umming and ahhing. we had decided not to go for one yet as we have rabbits to get spayed and a fence to replace and other stuff on right now...

but... but... they're so lovely and we would manage I am sure.

LadyGoneGaga Wed 19-Oct-11 21:18:39

We've just applied for one of these too! A little girl. Feeling nervous now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now