Talk

Advanced search

are fleas actually immune to every killing device?

(7 Posts)
AtYourCervixWithAPlasticBat Thu 06-Oct-11 11:33:35

or just the ones in my house?

the bloody dogs are scratching and nibbling AGAIN despite being deflead not 3 weeks ago.

how can i kill the fuckers?

AtYourCervixWithAPlasticBat Thu 06-Oct-11 11:33:56

the fleas not the dogs blush

Paschaelina Thu 06-Oct-11 11:36:44

have you treated the house itself? I mean carpets, curtains, soft furnishings etc. I had to do this with my cats when no treatment seemed to work after we moved house. It got rid of them but I had to pretty much fumigate everything. The eggs get everywhere.

AtYourCervixWithAPlasticBat Thu 06-Oct-11 11:37:29

bollocks. how do i do that?

AtYourCervixWithAPlasticBat Thu 06-Oct-11 11:38:21

but also - if it is that how come the fuckers don't just die when they start eating the dogs? if the de-fleaing stuff in in the dogs system why do the newly hatched fleas not just die?

Deathaelina Thu 06-Oct-11 11:46:00

namechanged. smile.

You need to take all the washable soft furnishings - curtains, cushion covers, etc and stick them in the machine at 60 degrees. Then get some Insectrol and treat all the carpets, sofas, bedding etc.

Then do the dogs baskets/bedding the same - wash it weekly to keep it under control.

Then treat the dogs as often as you are allowed to - monthly preferably, until its gone.

Bastard fleas.

Deathaelina Thu 06-Oct-11 11:47:02

(Not entirely sure i'd want a plastic bat at my cervix.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now