Talk

Advanced search

dog chewing the post

(15 Posts)
maxcliffordslovechild Sat 01-Oct-11 09:04:14

My dog has taken to eating my post, I've gone out and bought a letterbox guard but can't figure out hot to attach it to my upvc door? Any ideas?

silentcatastrophe Sat 01-Oct-11 09:37:38

I thought you were talking about a wooden post... I don't know what a post guard looks like. How about something like Hard as Nails or whatever it's called?

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 01-Oct-11 10:29:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

maxcliffordslovechild Sat 01-Oct-11 11:10:24

thanks, am going to get my BIL to come and have a look DP is away but totally useless anyway maybe he can do it for me if i offer him a cuppa lol

morethanyoubargainfor Sat 01-Oct-11 11:12:50

we have a UPVC door, and we had to get an external wall mounted post box. I didn't think you can use a guard on UPVC sorry.

chickchickchicken Sat 01-Oct-11 11:47:52

ive always thought you shouldnt drill into upvc. i have tapped small hooks into mine but that wouldnt be strong enough for a post box.

i am thinking about getting an external post box. can anyone recommend one?

AbigailS Sat 01-Oct-11 13:20:33

My friend uses a pressure sensitive stairgate (the travel type from Mothercare) across her hall way to prevent the dog getting to the front door. But she does have a narrow hallway leading to the door.

maxcliffordslovechild Sat 01-Oct-11 19:16:50

He said it was ok to put up and gave me some self tapping screws that were the right length ( the ones supplied were massive). seems sturdy enough but suppose time will tell, anyway fingers crossed for no more shredded post lol

Scuttlebutter Sun 02-Oct-11 00:10:16

External wall mounted post box. Amazon do loads - various sizes and colours. We've got a Upvc front door and faced the same problem. Post box means postie is now happy and we don't get mail chewed. smile all round.

chickchickchicken Sun 02-Oct-11 12:30:22

was looking on ebay. forgot about amazon. thanks scuttle

chickchickchicken Sun 02-Oct-11 22:12:39

scuttle - thanks. just bought a brabantia large post box for £40 on amazon smile

CoffeeIsMyFriend Sun 02-Oct-11 22:21:32

we have an external wall mounted post box. It is so much easier and less hassle. My advice is to get one that has a lift up lid and is big enough for magazines/A4 envelopes.

chickchickchicken Sun 02-Oct-11 22:25:27

coffee - fab, thats the type i just bought. was tempted by the £12 ones <meanie> but resisted as i need it to hold my ebay purchases a weeks mail when we go away

CoffeeIsMyFriend Mon 03-Oct-11 14:28:00

yep chick thats the perfect style for those ebay purchases... not that I know or anything.

<whistles>

clam Mon 03-Oct-11 17:54:36

My SIL had this problem. She made a fabric sack-type bag and velcroed it to the door. Works a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now