Talk

Advanced search

Help doggy sitting

(5 Posts)
Flamingredhead Fri 30-Sep-11 05:38:35

my mum and step dad are away and rather than put their 6 month puppy in Kennels I have him for the weekend . He is used to coming to my house to visit and loves my kids they live him to .

Have had him for day before quite a bit

But here's where I need the help .He is crate trained so put him in Thierry at night and after some whining and couple barks where he got told be quiet go to sleep he did settle but he woke up at 5 am barking so let him out to toilet but seems nope he wants to play

Keeps crying at lounge door nor so much for my mum as in looking for my younger two

So top tips please I have him this weekend 3 more nights and next weekend for 3 nights . Has reminded me why a dog not for us

Flamingredhead Fri 30-Sep-11 06:13:15

Sorry to add dc are good with him no poking etc andseem to love him much as he loves them . Hence he is looking for them nowgrin

DooinMeCleanin Fri 30-Sep-11 08:11:42

If he barks early on a morning/during the night, silently let him into the garden and then settle him back in crate. Don't give him any affection and don't talk to him. He'll soon learn that barking for nothing in the night means he ends up out in the cold.

Flamingredhead Fri 30-Sep-11 09:03:51

Thank you will try that tonight/tomorrow .Have checked with my mum and yep he does not normallywake till 6.30 when my step dad wakes up for work .Place bets on that this weekend my younger dc decide to sleep in

Just tOok him for a walk so an going to ignore him and hope he decided to fall asleep .Though he was not impressed that dd went through the school gates and he could not go to school with her

Flamingredhead Sat 01-Oct-11 08:10:59

Have to say he has been better

It was meant to put us all of getting one but opposite effect in fact I'm leaning towards getting a dog but from dogs for the disabled .Not a puppy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now