Talk

Advanced search

Is this a dangerous dog advert?

(4 Posts)
helpmenow Tue 27-Sep-11 22:42:09

Please, please don't wade in on the thread this links to, but can someone please have a look at
this and advise?

I'm happy to be told its none of my business, and as a staffie owner myself its not a knee jerk reaction, but I'm very concerned about the manner they're being sold and the cross.

Vallhala Tue 27-Sep-11 22:54:58

Nope... there has been talk in Parliament of adding the PC to the list, as there has been with Staffies, but they and their crosses are not dangerous dogs as per the DDA.

( NO dog breed is dangerous in itself IMHO and IME but that's for another thread... !).

What IS dangerous is the prat of an owner, breeding yet more crossbreeds in a world full of unwanted dogs and selling them indiscriminately in the free ads. And near to my home area too... sad

Vallhala Tue 27-Sep-11 22:56:14

PS Unless they are breeding more than 4 litters per 12 month from any bitches they or their family own, on that premises or elsewhere, sadly what they are doing is legal and they don't have to be licensed with Southwark Council either. sad

helpmenow Tue 27-Sep-11 23:02:05

Thanks Vallhala, I PMed you as well about this.

I'm afraid there was an element of yikes, near me.

I agree with you that no dog breed is dangerous, but I do feel that if you wanted to create a dangerous dog this is how you'd go about it- 2 'dodgy' reputation breeds then a small ad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now