Talk

Advanced search

Fleas!! Damn!!

(5 Posts)
lisad123 Mon 26-Sep-11 20:40:07

We use frontline and have a labradoddle and two cats. Noticed our boy is scratching and
Found a flea this morning!!
His not due another dose for another 10days but vet did say they have noticed a resistance in some fleas to frontline. What's everyone else using? Shall I do another frontline treatment or will this do harm?
Also treatment needs to cover ticks as we do alot of woodlands walks.

SouthernandCross Mon 26-Sep-11 20:49:49

I'd start him on Advocate. This doesn't treat ticks but there is no reason you can't use Frontline as well. Prac-tic is another product that treats against ticks as well as fleas.
Have a look at your cats for adult fleas and consider treating the house as well.
TBH I'd talk to your vet and see what they suggest.

Vallhala Mon 26-Sep-11 21:25:18

Agree that Advocate tends to work when and if Frontline doesn't. The other things to do are to hot wash all bedding and any furnishings you can and to spray those you can't, carpets and rugs included, with Indorex (about £12 from PetMeds online, lasts for months). Spray around skirtings, under radiators, anywhere there are crevices, keep windows open for a while and keep pets and DC away and your problem should be solved.

Lizcat Mon 26-Sep-11 21:54:17

The house is really the key to your problems at this time of year, 95% of the fleas are in the house and 5% on the pet.

lisad123 Mon 26-Sep-11 22:01:43

Thanks have spray from before, when we had a stray come in! angry
so will do that. Have put on heating so guess this might be why they are coming out sad will get all bedding off tomorrow! Lucky we don't have much carpet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now