Talk

Advanced search

What is the 'treatment area' like at the vet's

(4 Posts)
Terribletriplets Sun 25-Sep-11 17:28:48

I am not worried about my dog. She is staying overnight. What happens there? Do they sit in crates or do the lovely vetinary nurses play with them in an unseen play area?

tabulahrasa Sun 25-Sep-11 18:26:10

At mine it's a corridor with built in crates, but, the veterinary nurses hang out in there between patients and fuss whoever's there

Terribletriplets Mon 26-Sep-11 07:29:24

Veterinary. Thanks. I couldn't visualise it except in terms of a hospital.

Lizcat Mon 26-Sep-11 13:38:08

We have a kennel area with a selection of different size kennels. The prep room is right next door to the kennels with a glass door between the two so the nurses can see the animals in the kennels all the time. At night we try to replicate home so the light will be off and people pop in and check the animals regularly, but are not sat in their all the time - after all they are poorly so need there rest.
My beautiful moggy girl had surgery this morning and even though I am a vet she will stay in overnight as my nurses are fab and she will get tip top attention and love from them. As I left for lunch she was being hand feed some fresh cooked chicken (wonders why I don't climb in a kennel).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now