Talk

Advanced search

just been accused of dognapping

(9 Posts)
misdee Sat 17-Sep-11 11:39:09

I could laugh.

Was walking ralph, and a bloke came chasing after me shouting 'london!' His dog had escaped again. As I know of these dogs of his, and they are female, I lifted up ralph to show he is def male.
His dogs are labradoodles and are not well kept IMO.
These dogs keep escaping and I know theeir fence has been broken for 6weeks.

I found their dog for them, and called them. Said to make sure they don't escape again 'yeah that's not going to happen' hmm

I will be finding out their address later and calling the dog warden.

misdee Sat 17-Sep-11 12:30:07

called the dog warden. what will happen now?

misdee Sat 17-Sep-11 15:51:36

anyone??

DooinMeCleanin Sat 17-Sep-11 16:10:52

The dog warden should visit them and give them a stern talking to with the threat of a doggy asbo if they don't comply.

If they get a dog asbo and they still don't comply, the owners could be fined or jailed. I'm not sure if they also lose the dogs.

Of course this is all in an ideal world. What is likely to happen is exactly nothing sad

If you ever spot their dogs out and about alone grab them and 'help' them find their way to a good rescue. Or at the very least phone the dog warden. It costs a lot of money to get your dog out of the pound, it would be cheaper, in the long run for them to fix the fence.

misdee Sat 17-Sep-11 16:15:55

the dogs are tagged. but if i spot them on a weekday might try the dog warden. they dont seem to work weekends here.

ChippingIn Sat 17-Sep-11 16:22:49

Misdee - like you don't have enough going on at your house that you'd be wanting to kidnap a dog as well grin

misdee Sat 17-Sep-11 16:24:51

another nutty doodle as well. my next dog will a be a rescue greyhound. big enough for me not to trip over and likes to sleep!

misdee Sat 17-Sep-11 17:00:54

the fecking owners are back out again looking round. think that means adog or two has escaped again hmm

toboldlygo Sat 17-Sep-11 18:10:27

If you find the dog(s) loose again, don't return them to the owner, call the dog warden. Having to pay to get them back might make him a bit more aware.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now