Talk

Advanced search

Convalescent puppy

(13 Posts)
brokenwingedflier Fri 16-Sep-11 17:35:44

She is home and bewildered.
5.30 She ate her vet provided food with anti-bios and lactutose (

brokenwingedflier Fri 16-Sep-11 17:37:59

Vet gave me and doggy neighbout a talk about the mountain we need to climb. It was great to have doggy neighbour there to back up her previous demeanour and the walks we walk.

ExitPursuedByaBear Fri 16-Sep-11 17:40:52

Lactulose - yum - nice poos to look forward to then.

Hope she is OK.

brokenwingedflier Fri 16-Sep-11 17:46:53

Don't mind poos. The vet was very depressing. Give me four days. She has eaten her vet prescribed tinned food with abs and lactulose.

brokenwingedflier Fri 16-Sep-11 17:48:56

I thought that I would pick her up bright and new, not that this was the beginning of working out what happenned. Vet was pretty gloomy.

TheOriginalFAB Fri 16-Sep-11 18:09:50

Oh dear sad.

brokenwingedflier Fri 16-Sep-11 20:38:19

She is alive, FAB, and eating, and acting normally. We know what we have to do for the next 4 days and then we go back to the vet. I may be being too gloomy but the vet was gloomy and my doggy neighbour was gloomy. I am going to be less gloomy tomorrow.

TheOriginalFAB Fri 16-Sep-11 20:54:50

I am gloomy too as FABCat hasn't seemed great today.

I hope your dog is okay.

Lizcat Fri 16-Sep-11 21:29:16

Brokenwing have you checked out the website I linked to. I am now going to be really direct are you insured? If so if your cover is at least £3000 I would strongly advise you to push for a rapid referral to a centre that deals regularly with portosystemic shunts. Really quick referral and accurate diagnosis gives a much better outcome. You have a young terrier so congential portosystemic shunt is right at the very top of the list of diagnoses and these are the very easiest fixed by surgery.
I have had several patients go on and have completely normal lives after these surgeries.

brokenwingedflier Sat 17-Sep-11 07:29:42

Yes I did, Lizcat, and I mentioned it to the vet. He said that we will talk about that at next visit.

brokenwingedflier Sat 17-Sep-11 07:35:31

She seems to be back to herself and eating her diet dogfood.

brokenwingedflier Sat 17-Sep-11 07:50:19

She is on antibiotics and lactulose. She barked. Less gloomy here smile

brokenwingedflier Sat 17-Sep-11 07:53:01

sad to FABcat. Hope she is comfortable. Vet said don't contact breeder yet. Happy to have her home, and able to bark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now