Talk

Advanced search

I think my puppy has just eaten a frog! Hold my hand through the night will it be bad

(6 Posts)
Spamspamspam Thu 15-Sep-11 21:58:07

Arrrgggh pup was barking at something earlier, think it was a frog but couldnt quite see, bought her in for 40 minutes and thought I had sent frog on his way... just let her out for a wee as I was working, took my eye off the ball and she has come in with mucus, dribbly stuff hanging from her mouth. I have wiped her down but she is looking sorry for herself and burping and wandering..

It won't kill her will it?

Spamspamspam Thu 15-Sep-11 22:10:14

SHIT SHIT SHIT I wish I hadn't googled.... oh my god...she is pacing and upset what the hell do I do? Please help someone

DogsBestFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 22:25:26

Ring your vet for advice asap please. As far as I can work out eating this sort of creature, especially toads, can be toxic and a danger to dogs. some discussion here on Dogpages, which isn't known for an unusually high number of idiots and has a decent amount of sensible owners amongst it's membership.

Spamspamspam Fri 16-Sep-11 09:35:07

Thanks Dogs. Puppy fell asleep and looked very content but I rang a friend who is best friends with a vet. Vet said if she is calm and okay in herself she should be fine but to keep an eye on her, I slept in the lounge with her all night and she is right as ninepence - monkey!

iarebaboon Fri 16-Sep-11 09:37:21

My dog once licked a toad. She foamed at the mouth fir a while which scared us silly but she was fine

Hope your puppy is ok now

DogsBestFriend Fri 16-Sep-11 09:41:01

Glad to hear she's okay. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now