Talk

Advanced search

Our firidge has been raided BIGTIME

(12 Posts)
silentcatastrophe Thu 15-Sep-11 08:53:29

Gone is the roast pork, the remains of a cooked chicken, a packet of parma ham, some roasted tomatoes, a wadge of bacon... I look for something and it's not there. Our oldest and most scheming dog didn't eat her breakfast this morning. Also a larder raid, so no more biscuits. Dear god...

rubyrubyruby Thu 15-Sep-11 08:55:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DooinMeCleanin Thu 15-Sep-11 08:56:41

Mine can reach the bread bin and open it. The bread bin now has to be kept on top of the plate cuboard. She has yet to to master the fridge. That's one smart doggy you have there.

BrigitBigKnickers Thu 15-Sep-11 09:05:58

Its the bin my dog has a penchant for. I regularly come down in the morning to find the contents of the bin all over the floor.

I have taken to barricading it with chairs but she has worked out how to push them out of the way.

She has also worked out how to open the cupboard where I keep the cakes. (Have to put bands round the door knobsnow.)

Last week she ate a whole packet of french fancies. angry

Not a big dog either- she is only a sheltie.

Catsmamma Thu 15-Sep-11 09:06:43

I used to have a child lock on the fridge to keep the cat out, was always finding him shut in there next to the remains of a chicken or an empty packet of ham.

None of the dogs we have had have been bright enough to open the fridge or cupboards.

silentcatastrophe Thu 15-Sep-11 09:06:47

I don't think she can open the fridge. I must have not closed it properly last night. She has taken things off the stove before and cleaned up the worktop very neatly. I hope her tum will be ok. Bloody dog.

silentcatastrophe Thu 15-Sep-11 09:08:12

I'm so glad I'm not alone....

teta Thu 15-Sep-11 09:12:05

grinCan she move?.My dcs often leve the fridge open -luckily my dog hasn't noticed yet.But is currently having a very highfibre diet because kids keep on leaving the cereal cupboard open .Is now trawling the playroom and bins looking for left-over food now that the dc's have gone to school.

DogGoneMad Thu 15-Sep-11 15:58:34

I let my dog clean the baby's high chair after meals! blush I do anti-bac it afterwards though!

fruitshootsandheaves Thu 15-Sep-11 16:02:59

My spaniel ate the chocolate cake the other night but none of my dogs have ever got into the fridge.
My previous spaniel ate all the Christmas turkey one year and a box of Guilian chocolates that he unwrapped!

My collie is far too worried about being shouted at well trained to do anything so naughty.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 19:09:23

sorry op, but your post made me laugh. No wonder your dog didnt eat breakfast! grin

silentcatastrophe Thu 15-Sep-11 19:51:15

We used to keep the bin in a cupboard with a combination lock on the door. Even so...
No, this morning when we went out with the dogs, she could barely move. She's a stiff old thing anyway, and were she less decrepit it would have been quite comic. She has had no supper tonight, and tomorrow she will have to put up with a bit of hunger too.
It's annoying because we try quite hard to keep the dogs at a good weight, and she's got a bit of middle aged spread while one of the boys is rather boney, and we feed him extra when we can. Obviously today that's not an optionhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now