Talk

Advanced search

Help! How much food for Pup?

(8 Posts)
MissVerinder Wed 14-Sep-11 20:02:11

Bakers puppy, the box instructions say for his expected adult weight 110-430 grams per day- how much should he actually be getting?

He is really healthy, but I don't think I'm giving him enough as he seems to be losing a little weight (he was checked at the vets yesterday)

I'm soooo worried as I think I've inadvertently put the poor sod on a diet sad

MissVerinder Wed 14-Sep-11 20:04:44

Forgot to say- he's a springer x

Midori1999 Thu 15-Sep-11 11:11:21

Feed by eye, so if he looks a bit thin, increase his food, if he starts looking a bit fat, decrease it.

Are you aware that Bakers isn't a very good quality food and is full of sugar and colourings that can make your dog hyper?

Lizcat Thu 15-Sep-11 11:59:21

Also with Bakers you will get really big poos that are hard to pick up, whilst with something like JW or Arden Grange you will get nice firm poos that are easy to pick up.

MissVerinder Thu 15-Sep-11 15:14:41

Aha, it was the food the breeder gave us. We're going to change it to a different one so i'll check those ones out.

I must admit I looked at the ingredients and thought- ugh.

Thank you x

teta Thu 15-Sep-11 19:50:44

Bakers made my cocker go absolutely manic and pee every 5 minutes.He is fine on Burns,James Wellbeloved and Natures Diet though.

MissVerinder Thu 15-Sep-11 21:03:52

Teta we just got a massive bag of burns and we're mixing it in now!

Pisky Fri 16-Sep-11 09:58:56

Our cocker spaniel is on Burns and doing well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now