Talk

Advanced search

I always pick up my dog's shit. Is it unreasonable to ask everyone else not to drop their waste products all over the place?

(11 Posts)
Ormirian Wed 14-Sep-11 14:37:01

I have witnessed the quite justifiable rage on MN about non-scooping dog owners.

But why do so many people think it's Ok to drop their litter including dirty nappies and take-away scraps all over the place.

I could quite often not bother to take dog shit bags with me as there are more than enough discarded plastic bags festooning the hedges to clear up the shit from a herd of elephants!

I spent quite a lot of time this morning cleaning up dog vomit from my dining room carpet full of bits of chicken bone that my dog hoovered up from the footpath last night before I could stop him. Thanks for that hmm I guess I should be grateful that he was only sick as it could have been much worse.

Tchootnika Wed 14-Sep-11 16:01:43

Let it out, Orm, let it out... smile

IKWYM, have considered becoming one-woman ranting campaign against dropped food (yep, 2/3s-eaten pizzas, 1/2 eaten chickens, 1/2 eaten takeaways which for soome reason people around our way like to leave in garden hedges hmm ... oh, and all those Haribo sweets that get chucked all over the place. And the mad woman in the park who leaves coleslaw sandwiches spatchcocked all over the path for the pigeons.... Them and the and dirty nappies apparently thrown on the pavement (or is it foxes/gulls emptying the bins?)...

Yep, was going to become the cagouled crusader of crap, but CBA yet.

Feel much better having ranted here, though.

ExitPursuedByaBear Wed 14-Sep-11 16:05:57

Mmm - someone threw a chicken carcass over our wall, which the dog found. And someone leaves jam sandwiches on the playing fields - he enjoys those.

We have a new small tesco's opened recently and the increase in rubbish and bags on the playing fields is scary.

Idle bastards. I hate litter.

Ormirian Wed 14-Sep-11 16:49:22

LOL at 'let it out'!

It is disgusting though. And then we wonder why rats and seagulls love us sooo much.

silentcatastrophe Thu 15-Sep-11 08:56:18

I hate it when people shit in the bushes. Don't see it much round here, but it was common practice in the part of London we lived in. hmm

spout Thu 15-Sep-11 09:04:26

there is a (very useful) snicket that cuts through to the main road from my house that I can't use because someone has started to use it as their toilet.

Actual Human Poo. What do they do for wipes?

<wonders if it is the poster's DH who was skidmarking the sheets>

diddl Thu 15-Sep-11 10:46:25

My dog also snaffled down some chicken bones that had been thrown into a ditch in a carrier bag.

There was a bin the opposite side of the lane!confused

Ormirian Thu 15-Sep-11 10:50:29

Perhaps we should all start offering bin bags to litter throwers!

toboldlygo Thu 15-Sep-11 13:25:29

One of mine has multiple food sensitivities, most especially wheat, and though they're pretty good about not picking stuff up from the floor just occasionally she'll find a sandwich or a sausage roll and my heart just sinks because I know she'll wake me up at 3am the following morning to be let out to produce explosive diarrhoea, and then every hour after that if I'm unlucky. angry

It's people who leave their dog's shit in the middle of the footpath that really riles me, though. It's not as if they even really have to pick it up - on a rural footpath, middle of nowhere, it's probably better off flicked under the hedge than in a non-degradable plastic bag. But no, there it sits, right in the middle of the path where everyone will tread in it. It's always the giant soft orange Bakers poos, too.

fledtoscotland Fri 16-Sep-11 22:25:35

My personal bug bear in the broken glass smashed all over the paths on a sunday morning. I always pick up my dogs poo and either put in appropriate bin or take home.

I am sick of having to watch wear the dogs walk and have had 2 costly vets bills (well the insurance company has had) because of cut paws

and dont get me started on takeaways cast aside after a drunken night out. GSD pup with dietary intolerences plus cold kebab/pizza = diarrohea in my kitchen

CoffeeIsMyFriend Sat 17-Sep-11 10:57:46

euch toboldlygo maybe we walk the same paths!

I take my dogs out and they go in the scrub/ long grass off the footpaths even if it is a wee, but the amount of dog crap that is proudly sitting slap bang in the middle of the path just drives me insane. WHY???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now