Talk

Advanced search

I think my ddying. Please hold my hand.

(127 Posts)
brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 09:35:49

I posted yaesterday as terriermum. Thouoght it was ok. At midnight I heard loads of crashing from the kitchen. Dog cmpletely unresponsive to me. Kept trying to get into cupboards, hence crashing. Stayed up with her all night. She very very agitainted and trying to get away. At 7.30 she became unresponsive. Straight tibls o velts to meet him. He said 'the reason she is unresponsive is that she is blind

brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 09:37:52

The text keeps jumping. She is there now having blood tests and fluids. He said something toxic, but not that exact word. Can't remember exact word but same meaning. My neighbour drove me and talked to vet who he knows afterwards and it does not look good.

brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 09:38:48

Don't know what to do with myself. They will call me. She is in the best possible place and with the senior vet.

wordfactory Wed 14-Sep-11 09:39:51

Sorry to hear this. Hnag in there. There might be somehting they can do for your dog.

brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 09:40:30

She was not blind when I posted yesterday. She must have been by midnight. It does explain why she was unresponsive all night

DooinMeCleanin Wed 14-Sep-11 09:40:47

So sorry. How old is she?

Ormirian Wed 14-Sep-11 09:42:06

So sorry. Hope you get some better news soon.

DogsBestFriend Wed 14-Sep-11 09:42:51

Oh poor little mite and poor you. What a frightening shock for both of you. sad

Don't know what to say, it's such a sudden thing to happen and could be owing to any of a number of reasons... I'm just hoping and praying that you hear good news from your vet very soon.

Extending a hand to hold and positive thoughts too.

DBF x

Cheria Wed 14-Sep-11 09:43:54

I'm so sorry. Not much else to say but <holds brokenwingedflier's hand>

brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 09:44:23

She is definitely in te best place. There is no point me whying or whereforing. Or specpulating, or asking advice. I will know in a couple of houres. Wonder if I eeshould have stayed. Last night was the only night she stayed in our bed. kept thinking dh will go mad

hiccymapops Wed 14-Sep-11 09:47:19

So sorry, keeping my fingers crossed you get some good news xxx

brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 09:48:05

I mean v agitated but unresponsive to me from midnight to 7.30.

brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 09:48:52

Then from 7.30, completely unresponsive to the whole world.

DooinMeCleanin Wed 14-Sep-11 09:48:59

There would have been no point in staying. I am not even sure vets allow you to go into the treatment areas. She will be getting great care I am sure. You did everything you could. I'm sure she knows how much you care.

Fingers crossed it's something treatable.

BeerTricksPotter Wed 14-Sep-11 09:49:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 09:51:13

Vet meant that the reason she had been unresponsive all night is because she is nearly 13 months.

coccyx Wed 14-Sep-11 09:54:43

thinking of you

brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 09:58:38

Maybe that why she was nipping me yesterday. If she was losing her sight.

brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 09:59:09

The jumping text is my keyboard, not my state of mind

BeerTricksPotter Wed 14-Sep-11 10:03:03

brokenwingedflier Wed 14-Sep-11 10:03:26

Will they put her down if they can't do anything? Obv I signed consent form but didn't read it.

DooinMeCleanin Wed 14-Sep-11 10:05:50

Not without phoning you first. They'll give you the chance to be with her, if you want to.

With puppies they try everything and anything possible first.

BeerTricksPotter Wed 14-Sep-11 10:06:30

Lizcat Wed 14-Sep-11 11:46:59

Have you walked in woodland in the last 48 hours? There is a mystery new disease in dogs that has very similar symptoms and is seen in dogs who have walked in woodland in the previous 48 hours. Nottingham University is running tests on blood etc for Free to try and find out what it is. I would ask your vet if this is possible? I am a vet who has seen two of these cases and my very first thought was poisions, but it looks like it is something else.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 14-Sep-11 11:55:54

I am so sorry for you sad.

13 months is very young, did you mean years?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now