Talk

Advanced search

Someone make me a cup of tea and pass the Rescue Remedy...

(4 Posts)
DogsBestFriend Mon 12-Sep-11 13:30:31

... before I spit!

I have just spent the past 20 minutes trying to tell someone why she is unsuited to adopting one of the cats I have on the rehome list. I told her...

That a first floor flat is not suitable for a cat who is used to coming in and out whenever she pleases. That's why her "advert" stated that she needs to have free access to a garden.

That it's all very well you not being at work at the moment but you intend to resume employment soon and when you do you will have the cat locked either indoors or out of doors for about 10 hours or more per day.

That you are unable to tell me how you will get round this problem.

That you have a child under the age of 6 - and that my rescue criteria clearly states that this cat is not suited to living with young children under the age of 12. You have read this. It is beside the photo of the cat and the phone number which you have just called.

And still she tried to convince me to allow her to take on this cat! hmm

I.
Give.
Up.

<<bangs head on desk>>

Lizcat Mon 12-Sep-11 13:51:10

Large cup of tea and breath. I have spent the morning trying to explain that the 2 male rabbits will continue trying to castrate each with their teeth and claws unless we neuter them and still the client is acting like I am removing his testicles. There are an awful lot of F***WITS out there.
I suspect even you found an indoor cat for her she would get the whole indoor cat environmental enrichment. I will now go and persuade more indoor cat owners to make pyramids out of toilet rolls to get their cats to work for their food.

wordfactory Mon 12-Sep-11 14:06:38

See I don't get that.

Why would anyone want an animal that they will find problematic? Isn't just making life harder for yourself?

If someone specifically tells me that an animal is not child friendly or whatever then I'd be grateful for the heads up.

DogsBestFriend Mon 12-Sep-11 14:18:09

Not just me then?

<<wry grin>>

Lizcat, why don't you suggest you take the owners nuts off unless he agrees to the neutering of his rabbits?

Good plan, no? grin

To top it all, my 12 yo Lab X has a skin tag on his front elbow, I've just noticed. I know that vet's advice will almost certainly be to leave and observe for change but am shaking like a leaf worried nonetheless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now