Talk

Advanced search

UnWiseDog in hospital for second hip op today

(5 Posts)
NunTheWiser Thu 08-Sep-11 01:14:03

sad I know it's absolutely for the best but still feel crappy. She's so bouncy and happy to see everyone at the vet and has no idea that she's in for another painful op and 6-8 weeks confinement. She's such a loving and trusting dog. Had a horrible dream last night that the vet called and said she didn't make it through the surgery. confused Had to get up in the middle of the night to give her a pat. UWD was snoring and oblivious! smile

MotherJack Thu 08-Sep-11 10:38:51

sad Good luck, UnwiseDog!

Hope everything goes well, Nun. I'd feel the same as you, I'm sure... I remember when my dog had a cone of shame - I couldn't eat as I felt so bad for him!

Keep us updated please?

NunTheWiser Thu 08-Sep-11 12:17:46

She's through the surgery and it went as well as they could hope. She's going to stay at the vet hospital for longer this time so that they can manage her pain better. sad

Vallhala Thu 08-Sep-11 12:59:12

Bless the pair of you.

Chin up though lovey, the vets news is good, she's being well cared for and pain monitored and managed... and she'll be home soon.

And when she is, please give her loads of gentle hugs from the Vall family... and for you too, go easy on yourself.

kid Thu 08-Sep-11 20:15:53

I'm glad I didn't read this earlier as I'd have been worrying along with you.

As it happens, I can read it all now and know that uwd is okay. Hope she makes a quick recovery and I'm sure she will forgive you for putting her through the op, its for her benefit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now