Talk

Advanced search

we have finally taken the plunge!

(4 Posts)
twinmummy24 Wed 07-Sep-11 19:20:54

having asked for your advice a while ago regarding a new addition to our family we have taken the plunge and are about to adopt a lurcher puppy from the local rspca, she is absolutely gorgeous and we are very excited grin
just wondered if you experienced people would have any tips for the first time dog owner, we had a dog when i was little but that was a while ago grin
as i have 2 4 year olds at home i was thinking of getting a crate so that she would have a safe den, is this an ok idea?

TIA

belindarose Wed 07-Sep-11 20:35:14

Crate definitely a good idea. I'd suggest reading the free e-book by Ian Dunbar on 'Dog Star Daily' website (google). We've followed as much of his advice as we could and our pup is doing well. Couldn't cope with the meeting 300 new people (maybe slight exaggeration but maybe not!) though! When are you getting him? Congratulations!

twinmummy24 Wed 07-Sep-11 21:02:23

she is only six weeks at the moment so will be able to come home in 2-3 weeks, can't wait, girls are so excited we will be going to visit her every couple of days so she gets used to us and the girls.

belindarose Wed 07-Sep-11 21:14:01

How lovely! She must be so cute at the moment! Plenty of time to read that book then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now