Talk

Advanced search

Want to dogwalk for free in London

(8 Posts)
ElephantsAndMiasmas Wed 07-Sep-11 12:26:19

Hello

A couple of friends and I were wondering if there were any schemes in London where those who like dogs, and walking smile, can walk other people's dogs? I mean maybe for old people who can't get out much, or those who work long hours, or dogs at a shelter etc.

Thanks smile

Scuttlebutter Wed 07-Sep-11 13:00:59

There is a wonderful nationwide charity called the Cinnamon Trust, which does exactly that. Being a CT volunteer is lovely, as you meet adorable dogs, and their equally lovely owners. I can't recommend it highly enough. When we were dogless ourselves we did volunteering for them, and have very happy memories. We are still members, and it's a charity that deserves to be much better known.

Vallhala Wed 07-Sep-11 13:05:11

Battersea "Dogs Home" has dogwalkers. Pro Dogs is a rescue which works from home to home as much as possible but Gladys and co would nonetheless be grateful for any offers of help. Wood Green in North London probably use dogwalkers too.

Out of the 3 I'd help Pro Dogs Direct, which gets a HELL of a lot less funding, help and support than the other 2, virtually nothing in comparison. The other important difference is that Pro Dogs is a RESCUE, whilst Battersea and Wood Green are POUNDS.

Trying to think of some others, gone brain dead. confused

Vallhala Wed 07-Sep-11 13:06:31

And bugger, that's what I was going to say, CT!

Flaming ScuttleButter, making me look like an airhead again! grin

There's a similar charity too, name of which escapes me, back in a mo...

steamedtreaclesponge Wed 07-Sep-11 13:17:32

Ha! Just clicked on this thread thinking 'ooh that would be nice' and it's you!

I've heard that Battersea have waiting lists for dog walkers so might be best to try the other places first - they sound better anyway

Vallhala Wed 07-Sep-11 13:25:42

Ah! PAPAS smile

ElephantsAndMiasmas Wed 07-Sep-11 14:41:42

Thanks everyone - I knew MN would come up trumps! smile

Will try some of these.

MothershipG Wed 07-Sep-11 15:02:16

Don't forget The Mayhew!

Or you can always take mine when I'm being lazy busy wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now