Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chew toy ideas?

(8 Posts)
belindarose Wed 07-Sep-11 09:46:14

What chew toys are your dogs into? I'm trying to maintain my puppy's interest by swapping them around. He eats from kongs but doesn't chew them. Quite keen on the rawhide knotty bone things. What else us worth a try (to keep him off toddler toys and my books!)?

WyrdMother Wed 07-Sep-11 09:50:30

We have a couple of rope/rag type toys that Pup loves to chew, we've just learn't from experience not to play tuggy games with them! (my thumb has just heeled) as over excited pups can have faulty aim.

We also have some kind of plastic bone that smells vaguely of gravy that he likes.

His favorites are definitely rawhide though.

Tchootnika Wed 07-Sep-11 17:44:22

Hooves (50p - last for ages) - like regular rawhides they sometimes need a spot of gravy, trip <boak> or summat to get the old girl interested.
Pizzle sticks - hideous but great value.

Tchootnika Wed 07-Sep-11 17:45:09

Maybe should have called pizzles 'cigars'. Far more genteel blush

Birdsgottafly Wed 07-Sep-11 17:47:03

Hooves, raw hide chews and stuffed bones, are you freezing the kongs?

belindarose Wed 07-Sep-11 18:45:17

Thanks. Hmm, tried freezing kongs but he refused to entertain them! Any ideas what to put in them? I used soaked kibble, which is what I stuff the unfrozen ones with. Maybe needs something more exciting? I'd hoped he'd like them when left for longer periods, but he left them untouched.

Choufleur Wed 07-Sep-11 18:50:22

Put tinned dog food the supermeat kind in Kongs. Can you give him bones - proper

Choufleur Wed 07-Sep-11 18:50:55

Stupid phone. Proper beef bones from butcher or pet shop?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now