Talk

Advanced search

Rarrgghhhh! Please please please stop chewing the bloody lead!

(3 Posts)
Ormirian Tue 06-Sep-11 12:25:25

It's doing my head in!

He walks beautifully on the lead. I can even get him to walk to heel without the lead quite well and his recall is coming on really well. But I started running with him last night - first time I've been running for months and I need to get back into it - and he went mental chewing on the lead! He grabs it and then sort of moves up it until he's almost biting my hand. I think he just gets overexcited. If we are running through fields I can take him off but where we live there is always going to be quite a bit of pavement running sadly. I stop, tell him to stop and he lets go but as soon as we start running again he chews it!

Anyone got any tips?

Tchootnika Tue 06-Sep-11 12:31:12

Ha! Am about to be in same situation, I know it! (Well, that's when I stop making excuses and start running again...

I would say, though, be very careful about running on the pavement with a dog - it's quite damaging to their legs, I think.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Tue 06-Sep-11 20:08:31

Try a metal chain lead for a while. Most dogs dont like the hard crunch of metal on their mouth.

Not sure what age your dog is, but be careful if its bones arent fully developed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now