Talk

Advanced search

5 month old pup's willy keeps popping out-when will this wear off?

(41 Posts)
OriginalPoster Fri 02-Sep-11 19:01:22

That's it really. I haven't had a dog before, and didn't think adult dogs had this? He's a lab btw.

higgle Fri 02-Sep-11 22:33:11

I'm sure my my first two male dogs - a dachshund and a PBGV - often had their "pinkies" protrude as adults. Present Staffie keeps his well hid.

Solo Fri 02-Sep-11 22:36:47

I think it's quite usual for a dogs lipstick to come out periodically his entire life. My old boy was 13.6yo and he always did it!

Solo2 Sat 03-Sep-11 06:27:30

Waving to the other Solo grin! Haven't seen you on this topic till now. Our golden retriever puppy - 7 months - is constantly displaying his willy but I just assumed it was a natural behaviour and at least it makes my sons laugh!

pinkytheshrinky Sat 03-Sep-11 07:04:21

Bleurgh - honestly this is why I have a girl dog <strangely squeamish about dog knobs>

OriginalPoster Sat 03-Sep-11 07:59:11

Thanks, everyone, I thought maybe it was an adolescent thing?

My labs winkie disappeared for a few years but it makes an appearance now and then. He's seven!

Ooh thread hijack! Just realised that it's his birthday today <bad owner emoticon>. happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Doooooooougal, happy birthday to you! <rushes off to make toast and peanut butter>

OriginalPoster Sat 03-Sep-11 09:33:27

Many happy returns Dougal!

PiggyMad Sat 03-Sep-11 11:46:49

My Shih Tzu's used to be out quite often but we've hardly seen it since he got castrated. He's nearly 1 now. Thankfully it is often disguised when he has longish hair - don't like it when he gets back from the groomer's and everything is so 'obvious'!!

birdsofshoreandsea Sat 03-Sep-11 11:48:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TwoIfBySea Sat 03-Sep-11 11:53:50

Hahahaha this is brilliant.

Oh & get used to it.

TwoIfBySea Sat 03-Sep-11 11:53:50

Hahahaha this is brilliant.

Oh & get used to it.

doglover Sat 03-Sep-11 12:45:43

I love Mumsnet!!

OriginalPoster Sat 03-Sep-11 13:15:45

He is very black and it is long and pink and slimy, so very obvious, dd2has been put off for life. He likes to rest it on the kitchen floor which is cold. He will get a fright when the underfloor heating comes on in winter....

PiggyMad Sat 03-Sep-11 13:43:37

haha they certainly aren't attractive things.
My parents were looking after our dog for a long weekend and I received a panicked text saying they thought he might 'have broken his willy' as it was hanging out for ages and he was whimpering grin

PiggyMad Sat 03-Sep-11 13:45:11

Disclaimer - just realised that makes me sound like a callous, negligent owner - there was nothing wrong with it - I think he just got a bit frightened by the strength of his errr 'excitement' and the sensation!

ismadme Sat 03-Sep-11 15:31:20

Namechanged as blush but people need to be warned...the inlaws, who are very straitlaced and not dog lovers were visiting. My 18 month lab was being a Good Dog on his bed in a corner of the room, then he stood up and I noticed his willie was huge, really really big it almost touched the ground, luckily he was near the french doors and I rushed him outside before anyone else saw it, shouting that dog was about to be sick. Then I noticed IT WAS DRIPPING. Poor dog didn't seem to be enjoying it at all, he kept trying to sit down but couldn't as it got in the way. It lasted about 10 minutes and I started wondering if I should I call the vet, then suddenly it was over. He's only done it the once so far.

OriginalPoster Sat 03-Sep-11 16:20:03

Thanks for the warning ismadatme, sounds alarming

grin

Solo Mon 05-Sep-11 17:50:59

Euw!! Sometimes, they do leave a slimy puddle! <bleugh!!!>

Solo2 I don't have dogs anymore, my last one died a few years ago now, but I am still a dog lover.

MinimallyNarkyPuffin Mon 05-Sep-11 17:55:06

grin When you find out tell me! Even neutered they pop out at random times and when the dog has been giving itself attention

Hoto Mon 05-Sep-11 17:59:14

my Border Collie's lipstick used to pop out whenever he squeezed out a turd. An additional bonus in the blush department was that he had to stimulate his rear end with a prickly branch before he could defecate. He was such a catch grin

Solo Mon 05-Sep-11 18:25:48

Hoto at least he did it himself grin. Would've been so much worse if you'd had to apply the <ahem> stimulation!

OriginalPoster Mon 05-Sep-11 21:11:20

Now I'm laughing even more every time he does it... grin

Al0uiseG Mon 05-Sep-11 21:17:08

My poor little pup ended up with a penile prolapse due to to his constant lipstick appearances.

I shouldn't laugh but this thread is hilarious grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now