Talk

Advanced search

To leave the Whippy one or not to?

(7 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Wed 31-Aug-11 10:53:37

My parents are away again. My sister would not let them take Lurcher Boy again. Flying Whippet is back with the rescue again while they are away. Newly accquired Stray Dog has gone with them. Lurcher boy is all alone aagin.

My sister is working 12:30pm until 8pm today. I am taking Lurcher boy at about 2pm for an hour and then will bring him back untill 5pm. I am at work at 5:30pm and cannot leave him here unattended as last time he ate my doors.

I thought I might leave Whippy with him to keep him company. She is fine being left in our house with other dogs for upto four hours. We have never left them longer that than that. She adores Lurcher boy and he adores her. Will she be okay do you think, untill my sister gets in? She will be alone with him for 3 hours. She is not spayed yet and he is not nuetered yet but she has not had a season yet and is only 11 months old. He is the same age.

DooinMeCleanin Wed 31-Aug-11 11:01:51

Sorry to be clear I am taking Lurcher Boy out for a walk between 2pm and 3pm and then he will come to my house with me untill 5pm, when I have to take him back home to my sister's.

OriginalPoster Wed 31-Aug-11 11:06:37

I clicked on this expecting a discussion on whether or how to ice up a Mr Whippy consistency dog poo.... [grin ]

Don't know enough about dogs getting pregnant to answer sensibly, sorry.

OriginalPoster Wed 31-Aug-11 11:07:03

Gaah. Pick up...obv

DooinMeCleanin Wed 31-Aug-11 11:11:18

I'm fairly certain she will not get pregnant. She needs to be in season or just out of season for that to happen. She is showing no signs of being anywhere near ready for that.

I am more concerned about her settling in a strange(ish) house without me. She visits my sister's house about once a week and knows Lurcher Boy well, but it's not home.

Scuttlebutter Wed 31-Aug-11 11:24:32

As she's visited there before and knows LB well (but not in a Biblical sense wink) I'd guess she'd probably be OK. As she's been there before, you'll be spared the embarrassment of the perfectly house trained dog deciding to do a territorial wee over the bookcase blush.

Ours often go to our ILs ("visiting the grandparents") and settle perfectly fine without us. We also have a few reciprocal arrangements with other grund owners for sleepovers - that always seems to work well, especially if they all know each other. They can stay up late telling each other urban legends as long as they like. If they're good they might even have a midnight sausage.

DooinMeCleanin Wed 31-Aug-11 11:34:16

Well I am going around after work to consume much alcohol and attempt Zumba (badly) so they can hog a sofa together and laugh at us grin

I think I will leave her. LB seems to be more disturbed at being left with no buddies than being left in a human free house. Whippy is his favourite playmate. He does not bully her like he does his usual house mates. She is allowed to sit on his sofa with him. I think maybe bacause they were puppies together? His housemates are more recent additions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now