Talk

Advanced search

***TMI ALERT*** 11 week bitch with Vulval discharge....

(3 Posts)
SwearyMary Mon 29-Aug-11 20:15:50

My 11 week bitch has developed a discharge. She seems well, is eating/drinking normally. She is weeing/pooing as normal. She is as happy as any other time. The discharge has no nasty smell but she does look a little swollen there, towards her anus. She is cleaning herself as usual and not constantly licking herself. The discharge doesn't seem to be running continually, its visible after she has wee'd. Her wee looks clear.
I am going to ring the vet in the morning but wondered if anyone can shed any light? Do bitches tend to discharge? I have only had dogs in the past.

I know the answer is the vet and am not overly worried, just wondering if anyone has had similar.

Lizcat Mon 29-Aug-11 20:53:34

Yes she should see the vet. The most likely cause is juvenile vaginitis a bit like some girls can get. It is really quite common.

SwearyMary Tue 30-Aug-11 21:32:32

Thanks, we saw the vet this evening. 7 days of antib's and she will be as right as rain smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now