Talk

Advanced search

advice please!! dog just cocked his leg on ME!!!

(10 Posts)
herladyship Fri 26-Aug-11 19:26:27

we have a 9 month old spaniel, he has been cocking his leg for about 3 months & was neutered a couple of weeks ago..

tonight whilst i was drying pots & chatting to dh, dog wandered into kitchen & cocked his leg and peed all down my jeans shock

as you can imagine, i was less than pleased!

any suggestions as to reasons, or advice on preventing re-occurence would be gratefully received.

failing that i would like some good recipies <joking> <<i think>>

CoffeeIsMyFriend Fri 26-Aug-11 21:52:54

sorry, no advice for you - but this did make me giggle.

MotherJack Fri 26-Aug-11 23:08:23

My Oldboy once did that to an old man who had a dog... and the old man smelled a bit. Have a bath??? [joke grin ]

He never did it before or since though, so it was and is a mystery to me, behaviour-wise. Hopefully someone sane will come along soon and be able to give advice.

LeBJOF Fri 26-Aug-11 23:10:14

I wonder if he is jealous of your husband and it's a territorial thing? It will certainly ensure that DH will give you a wide berth grin

LeBJOF Fri 26-Aug-11 23:11:00

Oh, and wash the jeans in biological powder, or whenever you wear them he will return to the same spot...

herladyship Sat 27-Aug-11 00:05:59

The sympathy is much appreciated grin

I will have a bath & boil my puppy jeans..

thisisyesterday Sat 27-Aug-11 00:06:45

do you lookl like atree? or a lamppotst?

herladyship Sat 27-Aug-11 00:08:37

I fear I am a little broad about the hips to be either of those blush

ditavonteesed Sat 27-Aug-11 07:13:18

a dog in the park did that to me, not a spaniel though, a ddb, I had my brand new fit flops on. I pulled a proper cats bum face. then I had to break it to dh that I was no longer his but now belonged to the ddb in the park.

BehindLockNumberNine Sat 27-Aug-11 21:47:18

I have come to the conclusion dogs sometimes do odd things. A few years ago our (now deceased) Cocker Spaniel, who had been cocking his leg for a few years and houstrained for a few years did this.
My parents had come over from Holland to visit. They had bought dd a set of 5 books for her birthday. Dd laid the books out on the rug in a row to admire them. Ddog walked over and cocked his legs all over the books, in front of a red faced me, a cross dd and a totally shocked mum and dad!

He had never done it before and never did it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now