Talk

Advanced search

puppy toys

(5 Posts)
TheHumanCatapult Wed 24-Aug-11 13:36:07

Since I often have my mums puppy for the day and when they go away he stays with me .

Was thinking about getting some toys apart from my kids whihc he has fun with ,for here that he associates with my house and was thinking Kong what size are best and what to put in them any opther tips

He does bring some of his from my mums

BeerTricksPotter Wed 24-Aug-11 19:28:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

melliebobs Sun 28-Aug-11 21:27:47

my dog got really bored with kongs. He just tried to rip into them. He had a ball from pets at home that treats went into and he pawed it about to get the treats. But hands down best toy for a puppy is an empty pop bottle. Hours of fun and cheap as well! Or loads of tied up rags (ours is a terrier so loves to kill them) but you can play tuggie games with them too

MotherOfGirls Mon 29-Aug-11 09:09:39

Hi. I'm not an expert but I read that you shouldn't play 'tug' with puppies as it can damage their jaw. I'm not sue how old they have to be before this is ok. Maybe someone will come along and tell us .........

melliebobs Tue 30-Aug-11 10:22:57

I have a terrier. Twas one of the few games he was interested in. Obviously I was still careful and wasn't dragging him around be his teeth but 20 months on it ain't done n e harm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now