Talk

Advanced search

Dog just back from vet after general anthestic - just sitting in garden in rain !

(7 Posts)
Avantia Tue 23-Aug-11 16:51:15

Lab just back from vet after general anthestic for eye examination, she has one of those big collars on , she headed straight out into the garden and is sitting in rain , refusing to come in even when tempted by food. Do I leave her to it and she will come in in her own time , can't get near her to put lead on and drag her in .

sad

Cheria Tue 23-Aug-11 16:55:57

Leave her she is probably sulking smile
Make sure she has plenty of water though as after a GA she will be thirsty (based on my human experience ! )

She'll be fine though. She'll come in in her own good time.

Avantia Tue 23-Aug-11 16:56:30

She is really pissed off with me !

southmum Tue 23-Aug-11 17:24:11

My dog didnt talk to me for about 4 days after she was spayed. She couldnt even bring herself to look at me hmm

Cheria Tue 23-Aug-11 17:26:24

Well you'd be pissed off with her if she marched you to the doc's and had you jabbed grin

Seriously, I think it takes a while to win back trust after vet visits - how long depends on how much they were stressed by it...

misdee Tue 23-Aug-11 17:31:02

oh poor her and you. ralph just climbed onto my lap after his op, cone and all. and he isnt small!

Avantia Tue 23-Aug-11 17:34:05

She was fine when she was spayed - she didn't have the collar on then however. She is back in the house and lying on her bed - has also had some food.

She just wagged hertail when I went up to her - short memory eh ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now