Talk

Advanced search

Another reason why you never leave your dog unattended *ANYWHERE*

(8 Posts)
QuietTiger Mon 22-Aug-11 13:18:21

Folks, I don't know how many more times DBF, me or Scuttlebutter have to come across stuff like this. Infact, I am going to shout.

NEVER LEAVE YOUR DOGS UNATTENDED IN EITHER THE GARDEN, OUTSIDE SHOPS OR ANYWHERE ELSE - THEY WILL BE STOLEN!!

Yet another example. This dog has most likely been stolen for Dog-fighting.

Police in Kempston are appealing for help from the public after a Staffordshire bull terrier called Lily was stolen from outside a shop in Bedford Road, Kempston during the early hours of 13 August.

Lily’s owner had called in to the KFC fast food takeaway between 11pm and 2am and left her outside. However when the time came to collect Lily she had disappeared.

Lily is described as black with a white patch on her chest. She has a dry skin patch on her front leg and is extremely friendly.

Lily’s owners have put posters up in the area and have offered a reward to anyone who returns the dog safely to her home.

PC Quinney said: “This dog is a beloved pet and her owners are extremely upset that someone has taken her and would appeal to anyone who has seen a dog matching Lily’s description to contact the police.”

Anyone with information about Lily’s whereabouts is urged to contact PC Jamie Quinney or PC Steve Thompson of Kempston’s Local Policing Team, in confidence, on 01234 841212 or text 07786 200011.See More
By: Bedfordshire Police

minimu11 Mon 22-Aug-11 15:53:05

"Beloved pet" and they left it outside a takeaway for 3 hours! angry sad

theyoungvisiter Mon 22-Aug-11 15:58:21

I don't think that means they left it for three hours.

I think it means they're not sure what time they were there.

Surely no-one could spend three hours in a KFC?!

Still very sad.

reelingintheyears Mon 22-Aug-11 16:00:15

minimu11

That's what i thought.

My collie would have been howling her head of after 3 minutes.

reelingintheyears Mon 22-Aug-11 16:03:21

theyoungvisiter

But you would call the Police as soon as you found the dog was missing.

So you would know what the time was.

If you had only gone in for a takeaway then you wouldn't say it happened between 11pm and 2am.

Poor dog,maybe someone took pity on it out on the street in the dark.

theyoungvisiter Mon 22-Aug-11 16:06:43

you might not - it would depend. You might think your girlfriend had called past and taken the dog home, or it had slipped its leash and run home, or a mate had taken it off for a walk. I think how fast you called would depend on the person and their relationship to the police tbh.

Or maybe not - maybe they did spend 3 hours in a KFC.

Ephiny Mon 22-Aug-11 16:26:29

If they didn't know what time it was even to the nearest hour, I would guess alcohol was involved! Who knows how long she might have been left for. Poor dog sad

reelingintheyears Mon 22-Aug-11 16:49:37

It all sounds dodgy to me.

If i found my dog missing and even considered that DP had somehow happened upon her and taken her home i would have rang him to find out.

When he said he hadn't i would have rang the Police.

It doesn't make sense and Ephiny is most likely right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now