Talk

Advanced search

WALKYDOG

(6 Posts)
CalamityKate Wed 17-Aug-11 17:14:21

It came today and it's brilliant!! grin

This is it

Easy enough to fit that even I did it in 5 minutes flat.

Takes less than a second to put on/take off once it's fitted.

Just did a few laps of the car park with Junior Dog and even though it was our first time (and I've only recently - like in the last 2 weeks - started riding a bike after YEARS of not) I didn't feel off balance. Managed figures of 8 and so on, so straight lines should be a breeze grin

And she'll be able to pull me up the hills! grin

Coca Wed 17-Aug-11 17:17:21

God the sod-dog would pull the bike from under me surely?

CalamityKate Wed 17-Aug-11 17:24:21

Not unless you weigh less than a toddler! My dog darted after a cat in the car park and amazingly I didn't fall off. OK, I had to counter-balance a bit but not enough to make me feel unstable. There is a spring in the rod thing that softens and absorbs any movement from the dog. I guess if you've got a REALLY huge dog and you're very slight, you might have a bit more of a wobble.

Pisky Wed 17-Aug-11 17:24:59

I used to cycle miles with my parents dog - just taught her to heel to the bike and she was fab! (She was a farm dog so rarely on a lead.)

It was only on quiet country lanes though.

Coca Wed 17-Aug-11 17:30:36

Hmm, huge very strong dog but luckily I weigh plenty! DH's birthday present me thinks

CalamityKate Wed 17-Aug-11 17:39:53

There are various different types, Coca. I almost got the Springer but a bit of research seemed to suggest people prefer the Walkydog. Also the Springer is quite a bit more money....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now