Talk

Advanced search

Anyone live in NW Leicestershire - PLEASE HELP - 2 STOLEN DOGS - FAMILY DISTRAUGHT

(7 Posts)
LoopyLena Wed 17-Aug-11 06:59:28

Our dogs have been stolen from our garden. They were taken between 9.15pm and 9.40pm on Tuesday 16th August 2011. One is a chocolate lab, one a black lab, both chipped, black lab is 11, has grey under her chin, very slim build, chocolate is overweight, not very fit due to an accident, both very soppy, area – Mill Lane, Heather, NW Leicestershire, near Ibstock, Coalville area.

Police incident number LN02957111, Coalville police station 0116 222 222

Please be vigilant and if you see anyone with a skinny black lab and a fat chocolate lab, please call the number above and quote the incident number.

The black lab belonged to my son, who passed away from cancer 10 years ago, she is all I have left of him, at home I have his younger brother and my disabled daughter who adore the dogs. We are all distraught.

Please help find our dogs and get them back with their family. I've been up all night waiting for them to come home, my husband, step daughter and a friend have been out all night searching. I've been out again since daybreak. Please can you pass this on to everyone you know. Thank you.

Scuttlebutter Wed 17-Aug-11 08:50:09

So sorry to hear this. Some further suggestions.

Register with DogLost.co.uk

Further advice on Dog Theft Action

Post details on breed specific forums. I don't know Lab forums, but am sure a Lab owner will be along shortly to provide suggestions.

Provide details to all local vets.

Ensure chip database (Petlog) are notified.

Contact dog wardens within a large area (all Councils within a thirty mile radius). DWs do not routinely share info. Often if dogs are stolen they are then dumped a few miles away. Provide clear head and body shots, detailed written description and chip details. Are they neutered? If so highlight this fact wherever possible as this will reduce their resale value.

Post details in local parks, country parks, beaches, etc where people walk dogs.

Talk to your insurance co. Many cover the cost of printing Dog lost posters.

Is it possible that someone has stolen them as a way of hurting you? Grudge, custody, ex, etc. This is common.

Were they stolen from the front or the back? Think about who could have had access/seen them. Would they have got in a car? Check where nearest CCTV points would be and ask for footage to be reviewed.

Consider offering a small reward.

Good luck.

LoopyLena Wed 17-Aug-11 09:50:31

They have been found!!!!!

They were found late last night by the son of someone who lives not too far away, they phoned the police to say they had found 2 dogs but the police haven't called me, it was the RSPCA who put me in touch with them. Thank you so much for everything.

diddl Wed 17-Aug-11 10:25:58

I´m glad they´re safe!

Could I just ask-were they definitely taken or did they get out?

Scuttlebutter Wed 17-Aug-11 10:28:40

Glad they've been found safe.

Shitter Wed 17-Aug-11 18:24:15

so pleased to read the good news further down the thread after that heartbreaking first post.

MrsDistinctlyMintyMonetarism Wed 17-Aug-11 21:58:56

So pleased to hear that you have them back. Phew.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now