Talk

Advanced search

Trying not to be too worried... and failing :(

(3 Posts)
4c4good Tue 16-Aug-11 20:41:34

The dog of my heart is a 12 year old lurcher terrier cross. She is bouncy and healthy bar a bit of stiffness after a lot of exercise. I love her to bits.

Early last week i found a raised black lump on her front leg, about the size of a sunflower seed. She has the odd fatty lump but this was very different. I took her to my vet on Sat who did a needle aspiration, but the results were inconclusive. This means either it's nothing, or it's a cancer whose cells don't shed, or it's a cancer and not enough cells were gathered.

She needs some dental work and we have decided to do that and excise the lump at same time and send it off for examination.

I am trying not to think the worst. But as I held her on the operating table as the vet took the sample and she was so stoical I held her head and tried not to cry.

I love her so very much.

Elibean Tue 16-Aug-11 22:04:01

Crossing paws for a nothing lump. Fwiw, 12 year old dogs (IMlimitedE) do get lumps and bumps, the way older people do...my dog did, and although at the age of 14 he had some inner 'lumps' that were his eventual undoing, none of the earlier ones were problematic.

Hoping for you.

4c4good Wed 17-Aug-11 18:04:08

Thanks Elibean

What were the internal lumps and how did you know they were there? sad I am so sorry to hear about your boy...

Am booking her in for the op on a Friday so she can have the whole weekend being spoiled and cossetted by me ( My ex and I have joint custody of both our 'dds'.)

I hope I'm just being a bit wet about all this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now