Talk

Advanced search

Bumbles got kennel cough.......... :-(

(5 Posts)
lottiejenkins Mon 08-Aug-11 11:48:40

He started coughing on Saturday evening and it got a little worse yesterday. I thought he had swallowed some stick. We went to the vets this morning and she asked if he had been innoculated for kc. I said i didnt know and that i would check, she sent me home with antibiotics and i already had anti inflamatories (swollen paw a few weeks ago,,,,,,) Also a wormer/flea thing. Its called Advocate and apparently covers Lungworm which Frontline doesnt. (Bumble is a champion grass eater) When i got home i checked his vaccination card from the kennels and rang the vets with the details and he hasnt been innoculated. Another quick question. Do dogs get thrush like Humans do when they have antib's................???

Scuttlebutter Mon 08-Aug-11 11:51:58

Poor Bumbles. Hope he is soon feeling better. ABs are usually fine for dogs when they are otherwise healthy like Bumble is. Sometimes if there is an intestinal issue, vets will give you some probiotics (a smelly paste) to help recolonise the gut. But otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. With all his hole digging and grass munching, he's probably getting plenty of bacteria!!

lottiejenkins Mon 08-Aug-11 12:59:49

Thanks Scuttle, we went to a Dog Day last week with about 700 other dogs. The vet thinks he probably picked it up there!!!

Scuttlebutter Mon 08-Aug-11 13:39:35

Yes, it's more prevalent in the summer as well. Looks out at lashing rain and wonders if that is the right word.

megapixie Thu 11-Aug-11 08:57:10

Not all humans get thrush with anti biotics! I've been on them constantly for 18 months and had no problem. So I wouldn't worry about that. I hope Bumbles is feeling better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now