Advanced search

PDSA - how do you qualify?

(5 Posts)
MrsS01 Sun 07-Aug-11 22:28:07

I'm a single parent receiving working tax/child tax credits, single council tax discount. Does this qualify me for PDSA? The site says council tax benefit but doesn't detail what this is, only that its not single discount.

DoFliesHaveKnees Sun 07-Aug-11 22:35:40

Do you receive Council Tax or Housing Benefit? If so, you can ask the council to provide you with a letter stating you are in receipt of these Benefits. You would have to apply to the council for this and it is completely different to single persons discount.

MrsS01 Sun 07-Aug-11 22:38:02

dfhk - I don't think so, I just get the single person discount - didn't know there was a different council tax benefit. and I don't get housing benefit, wish I did though sad

Scuttlebutter Mon 08-Aug-11 00:29:11

If you are in serious and genuine difficulties, then talk to the rescue through whom you adopted the grey (assuming she's adopted?) In a genuine emergency they would probably be willing to help.

AandK Mon 08-Aug-11 14:07:30

It doesn't sound like you do qualify but I would recommend insuring your pets for this reasonsmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: