Talk

Advanced search

My children have just made a whole vetinary waiting room hate me!

(13 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Fri 05-Aug-11 10:44:06

dd1: We have had more than these doggies, you know?
lady: Really?
dd1: Yes we had a Jack Russel like yours, but mammy said we had to get rid of him.
lady: Oh dear.
dd1: Yeah, and then we got a greyhound, but mammy said we have to get rid of her too.
lady: hmm
dd1: She was going to get rid of our Whippy dog too. But Daddy said she wasn't allowed. Scruff is the only dog we are allowed to keep. He is vicious, so no-one else will have him. We got a kitten last night and she got rid of that straight away too.
whole waiting room: angry

I hurriedly explained that none of the gotten rid of animals were actually mine, they were all fosters or private rescues. And all went to excellent homes or will go to excellent homes via rescue. I don't think anyone believed me.

colditz Fri 05-Aug-11 10:45:26

He he he. They'd get you hung

bumpybecky Fri 05-Aug-11 10:53:06

I can just imagine! you must have been blushing!

ohfuschia Fri 05-Aug-11 10:55:23

Bad mammy! Poor doggies and poor family pleading for the doggies. Tut tut.

mymumdom Fri 05-Aug-11 10:57:51

LOL. I always talk to the kids in the family; you always get the truth out of them ;)

AuntieMonica Fri 05-Aug-11 11:00:05

hahahahahahaha!!!!

poor you! grin

DogsBestFriend Fri 05-Aug-11 11:39:08

Oh no... tell me about it.

Only about 9 months ago did my DD speak of "the greyhound we got rid of"... and she's 14! (Disclaimer: SEN assessment due to be had asap!).

Erm... ScuttleButter knows that Greyhound. We "got rid of him" to man who worships the ground that dog walks on, in an assessed, trusted forever home after said Greyhound was dumped and we fostered him.

Lisatheonewhoeatsdrytoast Fri 05-Aug-11 11:48:00

Oh dear they make you cringe...

We adoped a cat from a shelter cpl of months ago and DS (2.7) starts wabbling to the woman, when i'm signing the papers.

DS-Granny has a cat, she makes him live in the greenhouse
Woman-Oh..does she?
DS- Yes, she says NO in house, outside!
Woman- hmm

Hence me explaining that said cat is not a children person, and has to sit in his lovely bed in the greenhouse when DS visits!! My face was like blush...also had to inform mother that she may get a visit from RSPCA grin

Scuttlebutter Fri 05-Aug-11 13:26:50

Nearly choked on my herb tea reading this thread and laughing. grin

DBF, I'll be seeing that lovely greyhound and his two compadres on Sept. 4th at the charity fun day and show. I'll pass on a big hello!

Lizcat Fri 05-Aug-11 13:44:09

What they didn't destroy the waiting room? They didn't ping the bell so much that the receptionists wanted to kill them? They didn't then destroy the consult room? They didn't ask the vet if they were going to KILL their pet?
Oh yes it's school holidays down the vets.
Nice quiet polite children who don't break anything do get a sweet at the end of the consult.

DooinMeCleanin Fri 05-Aug-11 14:10:11

Lizcat dd2 did wander behind the desk and into the treatment room and she started squeaking all the toys on the display, sending all the terriers including mine crackers blush They didn't break anything.

Scuttlebutter Fri 05-Aug-11 15:48:48

Blimey, Dooin. That's the full set then. Bad owner, bad parent, all you needed to complete the picture was to sit there with a bottle of Lambrini and loudly plan your next session of badger digging with the kids ("everything else is so expensive")..... wink

QuietTiger Fri 05-Aug-11 16:57:29

My 7 year old Dniece has a chocolate coloured (liver chestnut) shetland called Doughnut. I'll never forget her sitting on the bus and informing the lady next to her that "my Doughnut is the colour of shit"...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now