Talk

Advanced search

anyone know about breeding?

(21 Posts)
lisad123 Tue 02-Aug-11 23:06:21

Ok I have an f2 labradoddle and my friend has a full golden lab. "If" and its more of a "not likely but would be intresting to know", what would puppies be?

hephaestus Wed 03-Aug-11 00:13:37

Labradoodle x lab. Is this a trick question? Or are you expecting 'doublelabradoodle LOL they will be GAWJUS!xx'?

chickensaregreen Wed 03-Aug-11 00:24:07

Mongrels. With, I assume full hip scores, elbow scores, and all other tests related to both labs and poodles.

chickensaregreen Wed 03-Aug-11 00:25:12

Sorry, pressed post too soon and then lost rest of answer. That on it's own seems a bit strong. confused

Joolyjoolyjoo Wed 03-Aug-11 00:46:31

They would be cross-breeds. Don't do it. Breeding really isn't something to be entered into lightly, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Yes, you may get lovely pups (all pups are lovely), but you will also be putting an enormous physical strain on the bitch, and there can be many many problems. Enjoy your dogs as they are!

PS Labs are yellow. Retrievers are golden grin

emptyshell Wed 03-Aug-11 07:00:21

Would a double labradoodle be a labradoodledoo? Or a labradoddle?

Sorry - couldn't resist!

ThunderboltKid Wed 03-Aug-11 07:27:59

It would be a F2b I think

misdee Wed 03-Aug-11 08:49:06

mutts

more likely to have lab coats than poodle.

misdee Wed 03-Aug-11 08:49:48

am lol-ing at labradoodledoo

DogsBestFriend Wed 03-Aug-11 08:51:12

Backyard bred mongrels.

Bella32 Wed 03-Aug-11 08:53:42

labradoodledoo. Roflmao grin

Otherwise agree 100% with jooly & DBF wink

Especially re the "golden lab". I think that bit upset me most of all grin

lisad123 Wed 03-Aug-11 09:25:56

Well if I bred him with the cockapoo that we dee if in park I would call them cockapoodledoddles grin
I wasn't planning on breeding him, his going for him chop in Sept but the owner of the yellow labwink asked and I have no clue about breeding so wondered.

midori1999 Wed 03-Aug-11 11:58:51

grin at 'labradoodledoo'...

When we moved here, one of our new neighbours asked my DH if we would like to mate one of our 'golden labs' with his black labrador. My DH calmy suggested he didn't mention anything about that to his wife...

(I have Golden Retrievers, I am very passionate about them and the breed in general and although I do occasionally breed I am very against irresponsible breeding)

emptyshell Wed 03-Aug-11 12:51:49

So the consensus is labradoodledon't?

Sorry - I'll stop now!

Bella32 Wed 03-Aug-11 13:02:44

Ha ha ha!!!

Oh blimey - I need a wee now!!!

clam Sun 07-Aug-11 14:45:43

Actually I met a dog yesterday at a motorway service station who probably was a mix like this. The owner said he was a labradoodle, but he didn't look like any I've ever seen. He looked like a lab mainly, but with a wavy ridge down his back and an odd tail. Mongrel, really. I know that these crossbreeds are only half a step away from being mutts (and I have a cockapoo myself) but this one didn't look cute like most of them do, hence the crazy prices and rampant possibly dodgy breeding going on at the moment.

LordOfTheFlies Sun 07-Aug-11 15:58:31

My mother told me today about my cousin's dog which is a DaschundXLab.
(Couldn't picture it myself, the logistics of the matings or the outcome)

Apparantly it was an accidental pregnancy. These things happen.

"The dog was from a breeder." mum said." That shouldn't happen." says I.
Even worse a registered breeder. They should definately know when their dogs are on season and not allow any accidental meetings.

It has a dodgy paw/leg (deformity)

Do you think she's been given a Fairy Story Dog, or is she telling us a yarn?

clam Sun 07-Aug-11 16:13:51

I saw the weirdest dog ever last week - some sort of cross between an alsation and a corgi/dachsund! Basically, it was a large Alsation with tiny legs. It could hardly walk. Wondered which breed mounted which!

misdee Sun 07-Aug-11 17:12:47

clam, tom was a labradoodle with a wirey coat very much like u describe. there is wide cariety of coat types for labradoodles purely down to the x-breeding.

ellangirl Tue 09-Aug-11 09:12:15

clam did you know German shepherds can carry a dwarfism gene, so they look like this!

higgle Tue 09-Aug-11 10:45:36

When I was a child our neighbours had a German Shepherd/Corgi cross called Ted, he was a lovely dog, very gentle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now