Talk

Advanced search

this summer our dog has turned us into the type of family I always wanted to be.

(6 Posts)
ditavonteesed Mon 01-Aug-11 17:11:46

Cherry is making this the best summer holidays ever, we had her last year but sshe was too young for proper adventures. everyday we have been out for hours with her, finding rivers to play in, rope swings in the woods, a million adventures to be had, the kids are desperate to take her out all the time and no matter hw much they are bickering at home the minute we are in the countryside with our trusty pooch the world is like that of a famous five novel. Also saved u a fortune on structured 'safe' play we are having proper innocent muddy fun.
Just wanted to share keep reading so many negative things about dogs on here at the moment.

minimu11 Mon 01-Aug-11 17:23:39

grin

misdee Mon 01-Aug-11 17:33:30

same here. we spent 2 days last week at the lakes. ralphs splashing in rivers, kids exploring and fishing, me sunbathing.

its a good walk to the lakes. but i want more areas to explore, so might see if i can get the kids to walk to the mimram river next week. its a lot further out, but not as popular as stanborough.

chickchickchicken Mon 01-Aug-11 18:25:36

yes, its great to have free entertainment healthy outdoors lifestyle for the family

dogs add so much enjoyment to walking. we love going to the woods, making dens, river swimming. we do so much more outdoors than we would if we weren't taking the dogs for a walk

lisad123 Mon 01-Aug-11 20:06:59

I'll join you at mimram

MarshaBrady Mon 01-Aug-11 20:14:16

That's fab. If we leave London one day we'll get a family dog and do the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now