Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone see the Staffy-friendly article in Sunday Times today?

(18 Posts)
Elibean Sun 31-Jul-11 15:26:54

It made me smile and think of you lot!

The tide may be turning <crossed paws>

It did upset me, though, that the dog in question was taken back to Battersea after the day's 'experiment'. Yeay for the article, boo for the journalist.

MotherJack Sun 31-Jul-11 17:48:24

Dixie got adopted just days later apparently! smile

I haven't seen the article, and it's not available without subscription at the moment. I would LOVE to read it though.

Elibean Sun 31-Jul-11 20:27:28

Dixie got adopted? Hurrah! She sounded gorgeous.

I can post it to you, if you like, MJ - PM me with your address if you want it!

MotherJack Sun 31-Jul-11 20:34:25

Dixie et al smile

Off to pm you... Thank you!

Elibean Sun 31-Jul-11 21:25:55

Ah, lovely smile

I hope Molly finds a home soon, now. Am a little tempted myself...

Article all enveloped up and ready to send!

MotherJack Sun 31-Jul-11 21:34:31

Molly looks so beautiful, doesn't she? [subliminal message.... enquire at Battersea... enquire at Battersea..... if Molly isn't suitable there are hundreds out there that will be .....] <whistles innocently> wink

Elibean Sun 31-Jul-11 22:49:47

She does smile

[shush, you, am trying to behave until building work finished and holidays over]

MotherJack Sun 31-Jul-11 23:01:32

schtum

<ethereal voice>.... it can take a while to get home checks etc done before the right dog can be matched to you (silent wink)

AND..... back in the room! <clicks fingers>

Elibean Mon 01-Aug-11 20:33:17

grin

<fingers in ears lalalalalalala>

You should get t'article tomorrow. If post behaves.

MotherJack Thu 04-Aug-11 21:28:51

Thank you so much Elibean!! It arrived!!! It's quite a good article for it's target audience in it's measured approach. Well conceived (although I would personally roll in a herd of staffies, expecting kisses grin so I couldn't understand the reservations wink).

The village where I live is a bit like the area in the article so I do rather love walking round with her. There are loads more people softening to the breed since their dog met my dog as she is a great ambassador smile

<subliminal message..... get a stafford. Get a stafford wink>

MotherJack Thu 04-Aug-11 21:29:53

*her = my staffoo, in case that wasn't clear (which it wasn't confused).

chickchickchicken Thu 04-Aug-11 21:37:12

Molly looks lovely. A friend has two rescue staffies and they are absolutely gorgeous. they were adopted a few years apart and are best of friends. they happily allow the cat to be in charge. we get to dogsit the youngest one sometimes grin

<sits elibean down. sways stopwatch back and fore in a rhythmic motion> home checks can take a few weeks, my staffy visitor doesnt attempt to get through my rotted (but repaired) fence

<clicks fingers>

chickchickchicken Thu 04-Aug-11 21:37:40

MJ - how is OldLady? test results back yet?

Elibean Thu 04-Aug-11 22:17:13

grin luckily for dp, I was out today and didn't see your posts and now its too late to do anything.

MJ, glad it arrived - agree about target audience etc. How funny that you are having similar experience in your area! Yes, I would rather enjoy that too, it has to be said. I live in between an area like yours, and an area (where the dds' school is) which is full of Staffies. I could enjoy seeing the different reactions as I walk to school then back down to the 'village' grin

Seriously, I have made a commitment to self and dp not to start searching 'properly' until we are back from hols, and loft conversion is nearing the end. For sanity's sake, mostly. Just no head space. But I am hugely enjoying un-properly 'searching' and fantasizing in the meantime....which process you two are aiding and abetting...

Will let you know when I start in earnest. Though suspect the first soppy, available, area-appropriate non-digging rescue doggy I come across will be It, regardless of breed smile

chickchickchicken Thu 04-Aug-11 22:24:32

grin at "you two are aiding and abetting." always happy to help wink

we went to look for another rescue, planned on getting another jrt, came home after falling in love with collie x who moved in with us a few weeks later. he's been here 5/6 years now and is gorgeous

BeerTricksPotter Thu 04-Aug-11 22:32:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MotherJack Sat 06-Aug-11 14:54:23

I agree BeerTricks. It was a bit "prickly" for me to read, but I could see the intent behind it. Softlee softlee catchee monkey and all that. If you challenge people's perceptions too much, they tend to tune out.

Chick... yes, have got the test results back, and nothing, so I'm stumped. He said her heart sounded ok when he listened to it so is reluctant to go down the x-ray route (and in a way I'm pleased as it took her ages to get over the last GA she had). I have got too try and get some of her weight off, but it's difficult when she is hardly eating anyway and not wanting to got for a walk! I'll just have to monitor her little, what appear to be, fits.

Ok, Elibean. I'll stop aiding and abetting you, but I might be tempted to add subliminal messages on random threads you are on wink grin

Elibean Sat 06-Aug-11 17:34:05

Subliminal is fine, MJ wink

I agree about the article. Still a step in the right direction, though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now