Talk

Advanced search

RIP Harley

(11 Posts)
doglover Fri 29-Jul-11 15:45:40

He's gone. Really gone. Surreal. Heartfelt thanks to everyone who has supported us through this difficult time. The ending was calm and loving - he was eating his favourite doggy biscuits and wasn't even aware of the injection. I was able to stay with him afterwards for extra hugs and cuddles.

Sleep tight my gorgeous boy. We'll look after your sister for you. xxxx

mumatron Fri 29-Jul-11 15:51:24

sad didn't see your other thread, but sorry for you.

I'm dreading when our dog goes.

bumpybecky Fri 29-Jul-11 15:54:15

I'm so very, very sorry sad

I'm glad he was calm at the end. You really did do the kindest thing for him smile

PortBlacksandIsleOfDogs Fri 29-Jul-11 15:55:21

I saw your other thread - so sorry and you did make the right decision for him. I like to think that when my oldie goes (he's 12 but a big dog and creaky) he will be a puppy again and full of the beans he used to have.......watery smile

MotherJack Fri 29-Jul-11 17:41:51

sad Doglover

What do they say it is? The last gift of kindness? You gave that to him.

I think I have a bit of mascara in my eye, making my eyes run something awful. Take care of yourselves, Doglover... run free, Harley.

Joolyjoolyjoo Fri 29-Jul-11 17:44:50

sad Glad it was a peaceful experience, though. all the best x

kid Fri 29-Jul-11 21:51:11

So sad to hear of your loss but do know it was the right thing to do. Please take care of yourself, losing a dog is the same as losing a member of your family so do take time to grieve.
R.I.P Harley x

orienteerer Fri 29-Jul-11 21:53:39

I was on your other thread, I'm sure you made the right decision. I don't look forward to doing it myself sad

DogsBestFriend Fri 29-Jul-11 21:56:04

Oh lovey, I'm so, so sorry. I really feel for you.

You KNOW you did the kindest, most selfish thing. You did right... comfort yourself with that.

Run free Harley. sad

dietstartstmoz Fri 29-Jul-11 21:57:10

Haven't read your other threads, but just wanted to say i'm so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself. We lost our lovely dog 3 weeks ago aged 14 and it has broken my heart. I still expect him to come into the room. It will take time.

DogsBestFriend Fri 29-Jul-11 21:57:23

Oh sugar, SORRY - a genuine typo borne out of tiredness. I meant that you did the kindest, most SELFLESS thing.

I'm very sorry for any offence or hurt I've just inadvertantly caused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now