Talk

Advanced search

I have nice news!

(11 Posts)
CoffeeIsMyFriend Fri 29-Jul-11 14:17:17

seeing as lots of fed up dog owners are around I thought I would give an update on my 2 hooligans lovely mannered GSDs.

Went to vets yesterday for KC vaccine as they(dogs, maybe kids) are going to a small family kennels while we are on hols. The kennel owners have private woodland, fields etc etc for dogs and enclosed area for them to play. Will take own food, bed etc for them.

Anyway, at vets Loofa gets his check up. He has been off pred and everything else for 5ish months and his mouth is looking 90% better. There is still a little blistering but he has pink/black gums and is fit as a fiddle. Weight down a bit, but he is going to be one of the 'long legged, lanky' GSDs while his little sister is a chunky monkey! I mean in build not fat. They both weigh almost the same and she still has growing to do.

They were both fantastically well behaved at vets and our lovely vet was so pleased to see my broken boy so full of life again.

Minxy puppy was an angel - I was so pleased, because she can be a bit mental sometimes but she was chilled, lay down and let vet check her over, stuff the KC up her nose without a flinch and pinched some gravy bones!

All in all a lovely morning out for the dogs, however, if 1 more person stops me and asks if they are WOLVES! I might hit someone. FFS they are BLACK SABLE GSDs.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Fri 29-Jul-11 14:17:49

oh, forgot to say, was joking about putting kids in kennels... maybe grin

chickchickchicken Fri 29-Jul-11 15:17:30

can we see a pic of the wolves dogs? they sound lovely

bumpybecky Fri 29-Jul-11 15:29:15

so good to see some good news on here smile I'd love to see a pic too smile

CoffeeIsMyFriend Fri 29-Jul-11 19:39:43

I took my profile 'away' after nicecage did a quick search on me (with my approval) and the info she came up with was pretty scary. I will put some pics on later when I can get them off my phone and onto laptop.

Bella32 Fri 29-Jul-11 20:45:49

Brill news - just brill grin

kid Fri 29-Jul-11 21:35:37

It's lovely to hear loofa is doing so well, great news smile

DogsBestFriend Fri 29-Jul-11 21:44:59

It is indeed lovely to read that Loofa's doing so well... he had us all really worried at one stage.

Keep it up Loofa babe! smile

CoffeeIsMyFriend Sat 30-Jul-11 07:55:03

I have to say he is a bit 'broken' I doubt he will make old bones, he has two broken teeth at the back but he is happy, healthy and my superstar boy.

Minxy pup although mine in all paperwork and chosen by me is actually DH dog. She just adores him and DS, a 'mans' dog I suppose. She keeps us all on our toes.

bella where the bloody hell have you been? havent seen you for ages.

Bella32 Wed 03-Aug-11 08:59:16

He's doing really well, Coffee - and that's brill. None of us know if we will make old bones, do we? smile

CoffeeIsMyFriend Fri 05-Aug-11 21:06:27

True Bella he is a big lump of love, bless his little painted toenails.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now