Talk

Advanced search

Please help me ...

(9 Posts)
mollymoocow Mon 25-Jul-11 18:11:48

I am looking for advice not judgement. My husband has just walked out on me for another woman and I need to find a home for my beautiful baby boy. He is an 8 month old Border Collie and is the most amazing, energetic, loving boy. I can't take him into any of the (few) rented properties that are available, will need to work more hours to support myself and my children and can't afford to keep him in my new circumstances. I didn't get a puppy to leave him at home all day everyday and he deserves so much more than I can now give him. I hate the cheating b**tard more for making me rehome my baby than I do for cheating.

If anyone can offer some helpful advice on the best way to ensure he goes to a good a loving home I would appreciate it, if you are just going to slag me off then save your time and mine I have enough on plate right now without the judgement of people who do not know me or my situation.

Gay40 Mon 25-Jul-11 18:15:39

Where are you based, and that might help people to help you ? x

ThunderboltKid Mon 25-Jul-11 18:16:37

Where did he come from (i.e. breeder/rescue?). Might be worth contacting them first?

Sorry; this must be horrid for you sad

mollymoocow Mon 25-Jul-11 18:23:54

I am in Hampshire and he came from a breeder but not one that would take him back, stupid ba****d husband bought him as a present so I was not involved in the 'reputable breeder' etc. That does not mean by any stretch of the imagination tho that my boy was unwanted at all. He was the best present in the world sad

DooinMeCleanin Mon 25-Jul-11 18:30:59

Wiccaweys are always highly reccomended as a great collie rescue. If they can't help they should know who can.

My condolences about your husband. Try and think of it as a lucky escape. Wishing you strength for the future and well done on doing the best for your pup.

DogsBestFriend Mon 25-Jul-11 18:38:46

I can second Wiccaweys - you may have to leave your number as they're hideously busy but they will do their best and they WILL get back to you.

Try also Val at Valgrays - valgrays@hotmail.co.uk If you have difficulty getting hold of Val give me a shout - she doesn't publicise her number but I have it and will call her for you.

Try Heathlands as well. They're not a breed specific rescue but do favour Border Collies and are very knowledgable about them. I've worked alongside all three of these rescues and can vouch for their responsible rehoming policies. Heathlands Animal Sanctuary - 01763 244488.

If those fail come back to us please and I'll do my best to find you a reputable, caring rescue space for pooch.

mollymoocow Tue 26-Jul-11 11:39:33

Thanks Val will give them a call

fruitshootsandheaves Tue 26-Jul-11 11:45:01

If you're really stuck, I would be prepared to look after him till he found a home. I am a member of an agility club and they often help with finding homes for collies.

QuietTiger Tue 26-Jul-11 12:20:49

I'd recommend Wiccaweys, (but then I am hideously biased!). I will also say that they are very full at the moment. It may also take a few days before they can call you back as there are just 2 of them running it. They are however, one of the best, as is Val at Valgrays.

If you don't have any luck with the rescues or elsewhere, PM me or DBF and I will see what I can do to help. Between us, we'll make sure your boy is safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now