Talk

Advanced search

What would you do?

(10 Posts)
Empusa Wed 20-Jul-11 20:22:27

If you were out walking your dog, and in the course of the walk someone walked round a corner a little distance in front of you, then very deliberately turned around and made a point of calling their dog further away from yours, would you;

a) alter your route slightly to give them space, eg. give them a wide berth, or slow down?

b) follow right behind them, and try and close the distance between?

misdee Wed 20-Jul-11 20:25:37

a. because i assume that for some reason or other their dog isnt good with others.

somedays ralph is off on one and is a right bugger round other dogs. on those days, i try to get him to sit and wait for other dogs to pass.

Empusa Wed 20-Jul-11 20:28:28

That's what I thought. Seems not everyone thinks that way though. hmm

NewChicken Wed 20-Jul-11 20:43:51

definitely A

their dog could be dog aggressive, elderly, poorly, recovering from op

BettyTurnip Wed 20-Jul-11 20:45:12

Are you still feeling intimidated Empusa? Read your thread the other night but don't know what happened when the police came.

nojustificationneeded Wed 20-Jul-11 20:46:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Empusa Wed 20-Jul-11 20:51:01

Different walker this time Betty, seem to be a lot of idiots around here. Though this one had her dog on a lead. Not that it would have helped if she'd walked it right up to our dog!

The police said they'd have word with the bloke, but he had gone out. They said they'd send another officer around later, but we haven't heard back.

Just doing our best to avoid them, easier said than done when their house overlooks ours.

BettyTurnip Wed 20-Jul-11 22:07:48

Oh dear, hope everything works out ok. Police aren't being particularly supportive by the looks of things.

Empusa Wed 20-Jul-11 22:12:26

Unfortunately I think it's just seen as civil dispute, especially as there were no witnesses. We had the same when an ex landlord turned up at our flat and threatened us.

Unless anyone is hurt there isn't much they can do.

At least we know that if it happens again that this event is on record and so cannot be dismissed so easily.

BettyTurnip Wed 20-Jul-11 22:17:03

True. Well I do hope there are no more nasty incidents and you can walk your dog in peace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now