Talk

Advanced search

I need a dog tag that doesn't make fur brown when wet.

(8 Posts)
TracyK Mon 18-Jul-11 17:26:40

I think I just get the standard dog tag from Timpsons or the like. But ddog is always swimming and I saw under her neck last night and her white fur was dark orangey brown - like rusty stuff.

Or maybe it is her cheap dog collar - and the metal off it is making her fur brown?

chickchickchicken Mon 18-Jul-11 17:36:01

ive got two white dogs. we used to get our tags from pah before i discovered they are about 75% cheaper on ebay. both my dogs like swimming. none of pah tags or ebay have done this.

sounds more likely to be her collar. what type of collar is it?

TracyK Mon 18-Jul-11 19:17:44

Just one of those webby type material ones. I'm guessing its the metal ring either on the collar on holding the tag or the tag itself.

Might have to go upmarket and get her some new stuff.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Mon 18-Jul-11 22:29:11

If your dog is a swimmer get yourself a Dublin Dog rubber collar with the snap on plastic thingy. Expensive but good quality.

Or a good quality nylon collar with plastic clips - iirc Ezy Dog is what my 2 have. (ACtually they have many collars and leads, got a bit of a fetish going on) blush

chickchickchicken Mon 18-Jul-11 23:15:17

my dogs have the nylon collar with plastic clips. they are very easy and quick to put on and take off (i dont like leaving them on in the house so collars are removed a few times a day). they dry quickly. they are soft to the touch. i think they were called ezy dog. bought them in pets at home. about £5 - £7 i think

TracyK Tue 19-Jul-11 08:20:47

I must look into it - been v lazy - she still wears the one she came from the pound with - 3 years ago! My friend just bought some expensive ones from holidays - £18 each - maybe these are the Dublin ones - she did say they were kind of rubbery - that didn't really get wet.
I can see how it could become a fetish!!

CoffeeIsMyFriend Tue 19-Jul-11 20:08:50

I bought a new collar and lead at a dog show I was at. Now, I dont usually walk at night and if I do I have GSDs so am usually quite safe... so why oh why did I buy this all singing, dancing with LED lights-a-flashing collar and lead???? It was from America, it seemed like a good idea at the time... it sits in the cupboard daring me to put it on the dogs. DH will NOT go out with it on.

TracyK Wed 20-Jul-11 11:23:00

I looked on ebay and saw a Dublin dog collar - with green shamrocks! But it came with a wee story how the original dog saved some Irish bint blah blah - but any dog that now wears the shamrock collar will have good luck.... was tempted!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now