Talk

Advanced search

Nature diet?? any other options

(12 Posts)
lisad123 Mon 18-Jul-11 09:28:32

Thornton is on Naturediet, since JWB gave him very upset tummy sad
Its costing alot, but wondrered if there is something just as good, but not as costly?? DH wont go for BARF diet hmm

CoffeeIsMyFriend Mon 18-Jul-11 09:29:53

chappie chicken and rice, was recommended by our vet when my boy was v ill. It is easily digested and palatable. oh and it is about 80p for a large tin.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Mon 18-Jul-11 09:30:55

hit send too soon - I feed ARden Grange Sensitive to my dog now, gluten free, wheat free and has fish instead of chicken as main ingredient.

Fish 4 dogs is also good, stinks of fish but it is a great food.

lisad123 Mon 18-Jul-11 09:39:00

we used chappie when he got upset tummy but didnt think it was good enough for normal diet. His a large labradoddle, so eats alot. Will look at those too, thanks

misdee Mon 18-Jul-11 10:38:49

wht wont dh go for barf?

lisad123 Mon 18-Jul-11 11:43:20

Because he hates the idea of raw meat in the house

CoffeeIsMyFriend Mon 18-Jul-11 13:38:01

are you veggies?

misdee Mon 18-Jul-11 14:39:47

feed it outside. we do.

lisad123 Mon 18-Jul-11 16:45:25

nope not a veggie but obessive baout germs on raw meat!

Tchootnika Mon 18-Jul-11 19:08:21

Potato and coley? Supposed to be good when all else is too rich.

walkersmum Tue 19-Jul-11 08:02:40

Ziwi Peak tinned is good, I have used for one of my rescues whose tummy I couldn't settle.
Good meat content, a bit pricey but don't need to feed to much.
www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=954&pf_id=57291

multitask Tue 19-Jul-11 09:00:11

We feed our RMB (raw meaty bones) and we're real fuss pots about food hygiene, thought it would be awful feeding raw, think slaughter house but it definately isn't!! We buy fresh chicken frames/portions once a month, 20kg for £5, portion it into 2 day amounts, supplement with liver, frozen trip, eggs, fish. In total it costs about £15 a month to feed 2 dogs (standard poodle & toy poodle). Each morning they get the 'other' food, so one day tripe, another day liver or egg, fish etc, then evenings they get a larger amount of chicken on the bone. I put it into bowls raw & in one peice or peices if it came that way and dogs select a bit, take out to the garden and consume. There has been no mess on floor or fur. I do spray down benches with bleach and wash out bowls with hot soappy water but to date we have had no illness either human or canine, and we ultra fussy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now