Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tips on keeping house odour free?

(14 Posts)
gregssausageroll Sun 17-Jul-11 09:51:35

Well, as much as I can I'd like to keep the house odour free. Most of the house except bedrooms is laminate flooring. I currently just use soapy wood floor cleaner but is there something else to help?

Windows are open pretty much 24/7.

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 17-Jul-11 10:11:33

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 17-Jul-11 10:11:58

Message withdrawn

gregssausageroll Sun 17-Jul-11 10:15:43

bungalow here! have miele cat and dog and will look at those reeds. thank you!

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 17-Jul-11 10:18:04

Message withdrawn

gregssausageroll Sun 17-Jul-11 10:39:23

What scent reeds do you like?

RumourOfAHurricane Sun 17-Jul-11 10:55:40

Message withdrawn

CoffeeIsMyFriend Sun 17-Jul-11 10:56:00

I have pecksniffs ones and they are lovely. I also burn candles - yankee candle type of Parks. Dont be fobbed off with the cheaper ones - they dont use the same quality oils in and just stink.

A clean, well aired house is a non doggy stinky house. Well as much as you can have a non dog stink house. grin

Damp dust and keep surfaces as dust free as you can. The amount of dust both my GSDs create is disgusting if I dont damp dust every day.

Scuttlebutter Sun 17-Jul-11 12:54:20

Also, L'Occitane do good scented candles and those diffuser stick things. Agree about damp dusting - I do this anyway because of DH's asthma and it's astonishing how much hair and stuff is lifted even when you do it regularly, along with regular cleaning of paintwork and glass doors leading to garden - we have a fine collection of "snart" - nose art created by pointy noses.

chickchickchicken Sun 17-Jul-11 12:55:49

grin at snart. we get that too

Scuttlebutter Sun 17-Jul-11 14:06:30

Should just add that I am now having a Withnail moment, am thinking of "matter" in the kitchen, and Vim under the sink. blush

wildfig Sun 17-Jul-11 14:19:22

I bake a lot, hoover daily, keep the doors open, and spend a fortune on Yankee Candle Clean Cotton reed diffusers/candles. This has the bonus effect of making people think I've been ironing.

It's also worth bearing in mind that what you feed the dog can effect how 'doggy' they smell - when I first got my older dog, she'd been fed on very cheap mixer-y type kibble. I changed her onto JWB and the houndy smell levels dropped a bit.

wildfig Sun 17-Jul-11 14:19:51

AFFECT. AFFECT AFFECT AFFECT.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Sun 17-Jul-11 18:59:58

oh yes, agree L'occitane candles and reed diffusers are delicious smelling.

And my post should be "yankee candle OR Park's." FFS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now