Talk

Advanced search

Dog with stiff joints?

(9 Posts)
Listlessbean Sat 16-Jul-11 17:21:06

I saw this on another forum... and tried it... and what a result!

I have a lab and he was starting to slow down ..it looked like joint pain ...and I was recommended a bioflow collar and to give him Greem Lipped Mussel tablets.

He is 8, but running around like a pup now. I would deffo recommend these.

To be honest, I don't know if it's the collar or the tablets ...or whether he just 'got better' himself ....but I'm happy he's happy!

DizzyDummy Sun 17-Jul-11 01:11:31

Ooooh! Thanks for this, one of my GSD's has stiff joints and I have recently got her a Bioflow collar which seems to have helped but I will definitely try the Green Lipped Mussel tablets.

DizzyDummy Sun 17-Jul-11 01:19:04

BTW what dose do you give them? Thanks.

Listlessbean Tue 19-Jul-11 17:55:14

I just give one tablet a day with his food. Hope it helps.

coccyx Wed 20-Jul-11 20:04:29

I have an ancient greyhound, where do you buy the tablets from?

Scuttlebutter Wed 20-Jul-11 21:16:28

Listlessbean - are you a vet? Am hmm at "it looked like joint pain" - could be many things.

Coccyx, if you have an ancient greyhound please get them to the vet for an assessment. If they have arthritis, they should be having pain relief and anti inflammatories. If they had a long racing career, there may be racing injuries?

I can't find any significant evidence of effectiveness of GLM against arthritis in dogs - some small, and older studies in humans, showing possible benefits for arthritis and bowel problems.

coccyx Wed 20-Jul-11 21:22:15

Scuttlebutter I am not a negligent dog owner. My old girl has been to the vets for an assessment and is on an anti inflammatory. She has never raced just the runt from an unwanted litter.

Scuttlebutter Thu 21-Jul-11 10:16:08

Coccyx, I apologise. Should not have jumped to conclusions.

Bet your grey is lovely though.

munstersmum Thu 21-Jul-11 10:29:39

We gave our lab a product including GLM. Jury is out on any benefit. However he now hoovers up all mussel shells at the beach. Dread to think about his rear end subsequently but doesn't seem to bother him grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now