Talk

Advanced search

DD and CKCS got Silver Award! Really Proud of them!

(6 Posts)
Jaynerae Fri 15-Jul-11 17:37:19

DD is 7 and decided she wanted to come training with Beagle and I, so I suggested she train CKCS as Beagle is too strong for her.

Well she has been coming with me every week for the past 4 months and comes for walks every day and we practice training together. Last night we were geared up to take Bronze test, I was also told I could do Silver with Beagle. So we have been practising like mad and felt a bit nervous last night, I went first with Beagle and passed Bronze and silver. Then DD went and she cam back from tester - beaming - she passed Bronze and silver aswell. smile

I have to admit I was stunned - I thought they would get Bronze but was dubious about Silver because Cavie really isn't the brightest button in the box, as much as I utterly adore him, he is a bit slow - especially in comparision to Beagle!

Am so proud of them both and Beagle!

fruitshootsandheaves Fri 15-Jul-11 17:43:12

Congratulations to you all!
Only done bronze with my Spaniel...haven't been to training for a while due to studies and I think some stay training is desperately needed before we get close to silver!

weimy Fri 15-Jul-11 17:57:11

well done! Going to try silver in september with my pup too x

Scuttlebutter Fri 15-Jul-11 22:51:03

Fantastic! Well done!

ditavonteesed Sat 16-Jul-11 07:40:19

wow well done, I passed silver a few months ago and was so proud of myself and dog, for a seven year old to do it is amazing, now you need to get her doing agility she sounds like an excellent handler.

Jaynerae Sat 16-Jul-11 08:35:28

Thanks all smile
She has done really well, but when you also consider that CKCS is devoted to me and for the first two months spent every training session watching me and barking at me, you'll understand why it has been such a challenge for DD!

We are going for gold next, then the club has cups for other things, we both love it so will just carry on.

Beagle would be amazing at agility, but I am so not fit and would feel really embarrassed wobbling round an agility course! And DD would not do it alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now