Talk

Advanced search

Is there a great floor covering other dog owners have discovered but I haven't?

(13 Posts)
Inspirachion Sun 10-Jul-11 15:09:27

We have two mini wire dashounds. One is a old lady now and perhaps not the bladder control she did or maybe the young male is the culprit. Anyhow I don't want my house to smell of wee! What is smart and easy to clean? Does it have to be Lino?

BikeRunSki Sun 10-Jul-11 15:18:30

My mum has 2 spaniels and Quickstep laminate - very sturdy, easy to wipe clean. Doesn't scratch, doesn't buckle with lots of washing.

Inspirachion Sun 10-Jul-11 17:28:50

Is it not a bit slippy for the dogs though, laminate?

BikeRunSki Sun 10-Jul-11 17:50:14

The one she has is slightly textured; never been a problem for the dogs.

DooinMeCleanin Sun 10-Jul-11 18:15:18

I have laminate and tiles, mainly for IBS cat. My dogs manage just fine, the only time they slip is when it's wet and they are chasing each other.

ensure Sun 10-Jul-11 18:33:36

What about rubber flooring? My friend has had some put in her kitchen, looks quite cool and I imagine it is easy to clean.

Inspirachion Mon 11-Jul-11 19:31:48

I'll research the rubber flooring idea - sounds like an option smile

Dru77 Wed 13-Jul-11 12:27:41

I'm getting Amtico Spacia laid next week. The kids and puppy ruined the carpet and I don't want wee to leek into laminate joins and ruin that too. The Amtico loks like laminate, it's much better than I ever though it would be based on typical vinyl experience in the 80's.

Avantia Wed 13-Jul-11 17:31:32

we have this Karndean

I hate to think what a carpet would be like with two boys and a dog !

Inspirachion Wed 13-Jul-11 21:52:13

I just saw some of this - the one beginning K you mentioned at a friends house the other day. Seemed like a great option. She mops it successfully which is something I daren't do with wood or laminate. Will have a look at the prices, there are some nice design options by the look of it. Thanks

boysrock Wed 13-Jul-11 21:56:36

Laminate here and a rug in the lounge which can be changed cheaply.

As for dog slipping ishoos, I have found this somewhat depends on what dog is doing. Dancing round asking for dinner - no issue.
Going into lounge to sleep on rug and fart all night - no issue.
Ask dog to go outside to relieve himself and its like tom and jerry with slipping ishoos.

Lara2 Sat 16-Jul-11 10:08:40

Commercial grade laminate and Karndene here. No scratches anywhere after 6 years - dram to sweep and clean and NO pet hair trapped in the carpet!!!

However, my 2 labs do usually manage to throw up on either the doormats (only have 2!!!) or the 1 rug we have!!!hmm

SocialButterfly Sat 16-Jul-11 20:55:55

We have Karndene too, its very hardwearing and cleans easily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now