Talk

Advanced search

Fish 4 Dogs

(6 Posts)
anchovies Fri 08-Jul-11 17:46:12

Just wondering if anyone who feeds Fish4 Dogs has noticed a recent rapid decline in the food quality? Our recent bag smells really strange and the kibble has shrunk. I have emailed and rang them loads and haven't got anywhere so am thoroughly fed up of them but it's the first food we've tried that has suited my lab.

wildfig Fri 08-Jul-11 17:49:18

Haven't they just been bought out? I think the people who set it up are now producing something similar under a different name - let me rummage on the internet...

wildfig Fri 08-Jul-11 17:53:44

Crossed wires; I think investors bought in, expanded the company, and the founder retired and is now selling this Angell dog food

vjg13 Fri 08-Jul-11 20:19:50

I had a problem with the last box of 'fish finger' style treats I bought. I give them to our lurchers last thing as a teeth cleaner. The ones in the last box were much smaller, dryer and too compressed. One dog will not eat them. I complained and was told they are a natural product and may vary blah, blah. I've bought these for ages but will not buy again because of this.

anchovies Sat 09-Jul-11 09:47:33

Thanks for the info wildfig, on principle I think I may be ordering from Angell in future! Have also found Simpsons dog food which look like they do a very similar food to fish 4 dogs, has anyone ever tried it?

Sorry to hear you have had a similar problem vjg, am amazed you got a response though, I have got nowhere with their customer service!

midori1999 Sat 09-Jul-11 11:26:08

I order quite a bit (4 dogs to feed) and haven't noticed any difference so far, last order arrived at the start of last week. I use the white fish kibble, so are you using a different one?

I'll be a bit annoyed if the quality does go down as I am really pleased with this food and as I am able to get in in the breeder club, the prices are very good too.

If you're looking for an alternative, Pets At Home do a food called 'Fishmongers' which is very similar to Fish4Dogs (much more of a stinky fish smell if that's possible though!) and it's £30 for a 10KG sack, which isn't too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now